Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a malibu ltz 2012 v6 100k miles and I noticed that my cooling keep going low every 60 miles but I have no symptoms, the oil is normal the car doesn't overheat no vibrations Any tips what might be the problem? Thanks

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,605 Posts
Your cooling could be either the temp gauge is showing less than normal, or the AC is too warm, or some other matter.

Can you clarify, please?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,605 Posts
Thank you for the additional info.

I'm at a loss to understand what is wrong. Your first post says "cooling is going low every 60 miles", and your second says it "slowly rises to normal temperature."

Are you saying that you don't get any heat for longer than usual?

AC is supposed to blow cold air.

Please help us understand what it is that seems to be an issue with your car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thank you for the additional info.

I'm at a loss to understand what is wrong. Your first post says "cooling is going low every 60 miles", and your second says it "slowly rises to normal temperature."

Are you saying that you don't get any heat for longer than usual?

AC is supposed to blow cold air.

Please help us understand what it is that seems to be an issue with your car.
I'm loosing coolant I havent let it completely empty I'm refueling the coolant every 60 miles and I don't think this is normal and I also don't have any symptoms

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Since your losing coolant start the engine cold, like after sitting overnight and let it idle while looking around for the leak. Most leaks will show up when the cold engine starts to heat up due to expansion as the engine warms up. If that doesn't work they sell dye kits that you put UV dye in the coolant and use the UV flashlight in the kit to see where the leak is.
Leak could be at any hose, water pump or the radiator.

Reactions: DrivenDaily

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,993 Posts
This was reported as fixed by the OP!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.