Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year Costco does a short sale or two on it's 2 packs of Kirkland 5 quart oil in 5W30, 5W20, and 0W20. It's made by Highline Warren who manufacturers and distributes oil for many brands. Normally $39 in-store in my area but currently 8.00 off for $31 + tax. That puts it at $15.50 per 5 quart jug for good oil with all the licenses (dexos1 gen3, API SP, and GF-6A). If you're already a member, good buy. Prices of 5qt jug Mobil1, Pennzoil, QS have been climbing up closer to $30 in my area and the Wally Super Tech runs $23 in store.

Reactions: 18MaliPremier

· Registered
18 Posts
I've been using kirkland 5W-30 in my 2018 Premier for two years. I bought 2 boxes last winter when they had the sale. They had a 2 box limit and when I went back two days later for 2 more it was gone. Hope I'm not late.

· Premium Member
3,445 Posts
I'll have to check my local store, of course I'm up at my camp now and not near a Costco. That's all I've been using in my fleet for a while now as it's cheaper than WM.
Hopefully sale and supply will last until the weekend when I can get back home. Thanks for the heads up.

· Super Moderator
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to the website the sale runs through the 29th. It is available for shipping online for $1 more. Last time I had oil shipped from Mr. Bezos I ended up with oil leaking onto my porch. He did grant me a refund and allowed me to keep or dispose of the product.

Reactions: repairman54

· Registered
2020 Malibu
72 Posts
Costco routinely has sales of six packs of Mobil 1 oil. I always pick up a few six packs when it is on sale as their price is cheaper than I can get 5 quarts of conventional or synthetic blended at any local auto parts store.

· Super Moderator
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The auto parts store prices of oil are wild. A single plain jane 5 quart jug of Mobil1 for 35.99? Mobil1 EP for 41.99? What? I always feel guilty walking into my local AutoZone to turn in my used oil having never ever bought a single jug from them. But my local county government says those three stores are the official oil drop off sites!

I had used Mobil1 for many years. Car was always fine on it, no problems with pistons or gunked PCV, nothing. However, I suggest a Blackstone analysis. I am curious if you see what I saw. :sneaky:

EDIT: Sale ended, discussion closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.