Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kept my car clean, nice and scratch free.... but then a god damn cat jumps infront of the car while im going 100km/h in the backroads........ craked bumper and bent plate........I want to cry!!!! Cat seemed to have survived (for now?) as I slammed on the breaks only to see it do a summersault in front of my lights and then jump into the bushes......... but the damage is done..... >_<

got cat hair in the front plate and the bottom bumper is cracked including the grill........ i will take pics when I get up..........god I hope I can claim it with the insurance!!!! T_______T

·
Registered
186 Posts
ohhh man that sucksss man, i had a similar incident the other day when i was coming home and a cat ran onto the street out of no where but i was able to stop before i hit it. then it had the nerve to walk off the road taking its sweet time lol but yeah hope it works out for you :(

·
Registered
749 Posts
What the hell is with these stupid animals? I have had numerous encounters where it was nighttime and a cat has run out in front of me.. I haven't even come close to hitting any of them yet thank god but it's not that hard to think "There's a car coming, it's better for me to wait".. they act like the headlights on our cars is the "WALK" light on a traffic pole.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fortunately it's not THAT bad, instead of going to claim it and my insurance rising I can prolly fix it myself......... but still pisses me off....... and man im running HID's......... maybe it thought it was running into the sun to catch some heat or something....... none the less im pissed!!!!! grrr!!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im semi trying to fix it, plate bracket was busted so i took it off (very violently.... still have two of the damn rubber studs stuck in there :( ) and repositioned the plate after bending it.

It doesn't look bad like this, need to go buy zipties and tie it down. also decided to try outlining what I want to paint/ use black decals for. Tail lights I want to trim the line and make it more narrow. and also it's funny but just with adding the black electrical tape to the edges gives the car oddly enough a different line, a way nicer line imho.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here are pictures:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and here are pics of the outline:

Tail lights:

Front (repair done?)

IMHO just with a black line there makes it look nicer? dont you agree????

·
Registered
749 Posts
I think it looks okay with the black there... PERSONALLY though I like the whole thing the way Chevrolet had it.

Find/kill that cat yet? LOL

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well YOUR CAR IS BLACK! so it looks fine, but mine is white so NO I dont like it!

And Im sure the cat is dead already lol. stupid thing, feel sorry for it well the last thing it saw was a big gold bow tie haha!

Oh yea, While fixing it I decided to play with white electrical tape to see the outline for eye brows.... I like it~~~

And this looks not bad with the tail lights:

Opinions???

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea, I hope everything goes well with grocery_getter and bluebatmobile. If everything works out there then we'll all be able to get proper eye brows.....!!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
LOL I was going by the pictures so I was giving you my opinion on the white!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well pepsi.....opinion REJECTED!!!

in all honesty I wanted a black though but they only had a white and I had no time to wait :(

·
Registered
795 Posts
I like the eyebrow, but do not like the tail lights.
Check your insurance, some policies have a low deductible for comprehensive.
Keep an eye on your temp gauge. The bottom port is the main opening to your radiator.

·
Registered
749 Posts
well pepsi.....opinion REJECTED!!!

in all honesty I wanted a black though but they only had a white and I had no time to wait :(
:( I'm going to go cry now LOL

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
im aware of the radiator flow the way it is positioned should not cause a too high rise in temperature, and if it does I will just remove it. (in all honesty I dont even want it there but BC 2 plates are mandatory so I have no choice atm. ) and I dont even need to go to the insurance atm, as I covered up the damage with the plate... if I find a cheap replacement bumper I can trim this one and see how I can style it grill wise

With the tail lights im thinking of converting them to a full LED using possibly those crappy cheap ebay Mustang LED lights and taking out the LED board and trimming it to fit..... would look good a little similar to a TL but better lighting, not a fan of round tail lights... for now im just trying to get ideas on what we can do with them.

And Good pepsi...... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! now im happy~~~~ (see I even capitalized that phrase just for you ;) )

·
Registered
749 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im curious aswell what you said to have the post deleted?

·
Registered
94 Posts
the headlight eyebrows look good... But the taillight ones look horrible.... and the outline was a good idea... but then again.... looks horrible... I too have a white Malibu and I love it... when I get back from Kyrgyzstan, I am two toning it black and white with some nice black rims with a machined lip... Oh its gonna look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.