Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice their drivers seat creaking or you can hear the springs when turning corners? If it keeps up im going to run it to the dealer and see what they can find.. Its rather annoying little creaks to

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Not really. My driver's seat makes a noise sometimes when I first plop down (plop isn't the right word...but you get the drift) on it, but I ruled that normal after the first time I heard it. Sort of like a tiny little squeak-creak from underneath just at impact. Otherwise, solid and no movement or noises that I can detect--it would drive me nuts, if there was something.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Mine doesn't creak, but speaking from experience I'd say that it probably needs some lube. I usually try to pinpoint the squeaky spot and apply a bit of silicone spay to the connecting parts in the vicinity of the creak until it stops.

You can try the dealer, but in my experience they are not always that effective because you know much better what motion causes the sound. They also might also want to start taking things apart whereas all you probably need is some patience and a can of silicone spray.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Good idea, Yury;)

Unless something is obviously broke or loose, it might not hurt to dig a little more and see if it's something easy like this. Does it feel loose or move at all?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Im listening out for it.. When I first sit down i hear a spring.. it doesnt happen every time but most of the time, Like take a spring and thump it and it vibrates for a sec then when driving and turning corners something is creaking.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Yeah Im listening out for it.. When I first sit down i hear a spring.. it doesnt happen every time but most of the time, Like take a spring and thump it and it vibrates for a sec then when driving and turning corners something is creaking.
hmm, sounds like something is loose there...I guess my advice may not apply :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, mine makes a "pop" sound, kinda from where the leather meets the hard plastic back. Only seems to be when I get into the seat or go around a hard left turn....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah, mine makes a "pop" sound, kinda from where the leather meets the hard plastic back. Only seems to be when I get into the seat or go around a hard left turn....
This is happeneing to me as well, I've narrowed it down to the plastic from the center console kinda near where the seat belts come together.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes applied some lube and mine was gone.
Now i have an oil warning light showing up intermittently, had OnStar run a diagnostic but no problem found. Now the Chevrolet adviser wants me to take it in no mention of having it towed just drive it in, seems odd (BTW Mine is a 2008 red LTZ) Love the power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.