Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I haven't seen much info related to cross bars on a gen 6 Malibu, so I'll share my experience. I purchased Rage Powersports RCB-3745-U cross bars for $52 along with 2 pairs of J-hooks for $37. The roof rack is secured with straps that go through the car, which in my opinion, is a better design than the clips that others use. I used super glue to keep the rubber feet from slipping off of the plastic pedestals, it's a common problem mentioned in the reviews. The straps that go through the cabin could get in the way for taller individuals, I'm 5'11" and they clear my head in the front and back seats. The J-hooks came with short straps that couldn't be used to double hoop the kayaks the way I like, so I used my trusty orange ratchet straps. They can be installed and removed without tools, so they are only up there when I need them. The cross bars make some wind noise when unloaded, and it gets a bit noisier with the J-Hooks and Kayaks. I had the car up to 65 mph with the kayaks up top and didn't have any issues, so far so good.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,474 Posts
Thanks for sharing, and that's a pretty cool picture by itself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.