Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Crutchfield sent me my ReaR deck 6 by 9 speakers. photos link

The pair of crutchfield boston acoustics 6 by 9 rear deck speakers arrived on sat. I will install them this week. They send email instructions and pictures. If anyone wants the pictures send me a pm. Here are the written instructions.

"Hello,

I am attaching some pictures and here are the basic written instructions.

Panel tool, 13mm SRE, small flat blade screwdriver, right-angle 7mm driver
1. Pull up on front edge of rear seat cushion to release two (2) clips then lift cushion up and
towards front of vehicle to remove.
2. Fold down rear seat backs.
3. Remove four (4) 13mm bolts from seat back latches.
4. Pull out on seat back frame, then pry out two (2) clips behind frame.
5. Starting at top edge, pry out on rear pillar trim panel to release clip, then disconnect safety
strap. Pry pillar trim panel away from lower side panel and remove pillar trim.
6. Pry lower side panel away from body to release one (1) clip.
7. Repeat steps 5-6 on opposite side.
8. Pull up on front edge of rear deck panel, disconnect third brake light harness (located on
driver's side near rear glass). Pull rear deck panel towards front of vehicle, work seat belt
through deck panel, then remove deck panel.
9. Remove one (1) 7mm screw securing speaker to rear deck, lift up on speaker, disconnect
harness and remove.
Difficulty Rating: 2 (Must use self-tapping screws to mount aftermarket speaker.)

Thank you,
Conner "

All the quotes are from crutchfield.
The pictures are not as clear as I would like, but If anyone wants them let me know. I purchased the boston acoustics s95 6 by 9 inch speakers they are 1/10 of an inch too big. I may need to file it a bit. I purchased them because they are lower powered and I am keeping the head deck in. They cost 129. link for the speakers

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?search=boston+acoustics+s95&i=065S95

This size fits but costs 199 and could use more power if your are adding an amp or better head deck these are good.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=52300&i=065SX95&search=Boston+Acoustics+VENDORID065&searchdisplay=Boston+Acoustics&tp=91

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: Crutchfield sent me my ReaR deck 6 by 9 speakers. photo bucket

I installed today I have 50 photos of the install. this is the link to my photobucket page. it is interesting that the oem speakers are 8 ohms. i put in 4 ohm speakers. It might not be a good idea to do so. i will run for a while and get back with results. I am not changing out the oem head deck so I purchased the s95 speakers. they had to be ground down about a tenth of an inch. a royal PITA! enjoy the photos

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/philipma1957/2008 chevy malibu install rear deck speakers/

·
Registered
701 Posts
Philiparcario - WOW - Great Pictures!!! Thank you!!!

How does it sound? Some great tips in there also....Definately something I will consider when I get mine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Philiparcario - WOW - Great Pictures!!! Thank you!!!

How does it sound? Some great tips in there also....Definately something I will consider when I get mine.
I am very happy with the sound so far. I have done this with my last three cars. I replace all the speakers do some sound proof work and keep the head deck. a lot of improvement. for under 300 dollars per car. i had buicks century and lacrosse. I use pioneers in the century and focals in the lacrosse. in no car did I spend more then 300 bucks to do it.

I am a little concerned with this car i replaced 8 ohm oem speakers with 4 ohm boston speakers. It is a move that has risk. speakers with lower ohms can blow an amp up. I will post with info to see if anything breaks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just ordered the front door one from crutchfield 108 dollars for boston s65rc speakers. I will post the install next week. grand total for this car will be about 280-300 for all the speakers and sound proofing. Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.