Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a big deal, just curious. In your car, does a trim piece on the driver's side A-Pillar look curved? I mean, when you're in the driver's seat looking at it, does it look a little wider at the base so the line of the pillar does not follow the dotted paint on the edge of the windshield? As if there's a big soft bubble in it.

By just looking at it I can't figure out if it's a defect or design. The trim fits very snugly at the base and on top, as if it was deliberate to allow some space under it at the base for something. No gaps anywhere either.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm having a hard time picturing what you described mentally, but my car does have a curve in the a-pillar trim. I believe it's on both sides though. I also think that it's intentional, to allow for wiring and stuff to be routed under the trim. Our 07 Av was the same, as is my wife's 07 Trailblazer (I think the 03 TB we had lacked the bulge though).

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm having a hard time picturing what you described mentally, but my car does have a curve in the a-pillar trim. I believe it's on both sides though. I also think that it's intentional, to allow for wiring and stuff to be routed under the trim. Our 07 Av was the same, as is my wife's 07 Trailblazer (I think the 03 TB we had lacked the bulge though).
I know it's hard to visualize. I will post a picture.

Btw, i don't thing the passenger side has much of a bulge.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here's what I am talking about. Doesn't show as well on a picture, but you get the idea.

Btw I just noticed that the passenger side has some of that too, just less pronounced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have noticed what you describe. My car is from the Lake Orion plant with a build date of March, 2008 and looks very similar to yours.

I noticed at the bottom of your photo the left and right arrows for the side mirror adjustment. I' was wondering if these are illuminated at night?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Ours flairs out near the tweeter then sucks back in a little. Pushing on the trim it feels like the tweeter is making the trim bulge out in this area.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, so it seems like it was designed that way...

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also have noticed what you describe. My car is from the Lake Orion plant with a build date of March, 2008 and looks very similar to yours.

I noticed at the bottom of your photo the left and right arrows for the side mirror adjustment. I' was wondering if these are illuminated at night?
no, they are not illuminated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.