Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone else out there that feels the back end of the Malibu 08/09 is much higher than the front which looks out of porportion? I am considering shoping for a custom hood that may include a slight hood scope something similiar to the Mustang GT500 if there is something like that out there. In addition I am thinking about adding a body kit to lengthen the front, back, and side skirts of my Malibu LTZ 2008. I obviously am considering all of this to make the vehicle look a bit more sporty. Razzi seems to have the only kit on the market and I concur with some of the members that the kit looks pieced on. I am interested in something much more smoother and flush. Anyone know of any other body kits/hoods?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I wouldn't change a thing on my LTZ ;) my only mods are window tint, chrome pillar covers, only thing left for me is a new set of rims and still looking for a nice spoiler lip for the trunk lid, nothing out there yet that I like :mad:

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Hood scoops?:eek:

Leave well enough alone. I dont see this as a car that needs any body package.

And for God sakes, no red "R" logos please!!:D
Thank you. No more words needed;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car does look great as is and I can understand why one would leave it the way it is. However, I like adding mods wherever it makes sense for some and right now, I am just brainstorming to make the Malibu appear more sporty. I attached a mock up of the Malibu with a hood similar to the Mustang Supersnake. I think this hood would complement the grille nicely. What do you think? I did this in photo shop and ran out of time trying to smooth the lines and glears so please excuse.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here's what I dont quite understand. Someone will buy a Malibu and add $5000 worth of stuff to it. By the time they are done, they could have had a G8 that comes standard with all the body parts AND more performance.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wisconsin,

I understand your remarks. There are those that are satisfied as is and others who like to mod up what they have to make it their own. I happen to be someone like that. Many posts on this forum are regarding mods in one way or another. Some small and some large.

·
Registered
89 Posts
When you add/modify your car, you should make it look as stock as possible or with very subtle changes. Thats when the car looks its best. Not with those huge wings that do nothing but make people laugh or with huge 8 inch fart pipes that sound like your doing 200 km/h when your rolling at 30 km/h. As for the hood scoops well I'm with Wisconson, go buy a G8, then you know the hood will be done right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there anyone else out there that feels the back end of the Malibu 08/09 is much higher than the front which looks out of porportion? I am considering shoping for a custom hood that may include a slight hood scope something similiar to the Mustang GT500 if there is something like that out there. In addition I am thinking about adding a body kit to lengthen the front, back, and side skirts of my Malibu LTZ 2008. I obviously am considering all of this to make the vehicle look a bit more sporty. Razzi seems to have the only kit on the market and I concur with some of the members that the kit looks pieced on. I am interested in something much more smoother and flush. Anyone know of any other body kits/hoods?
Mod on brother! Set yours off from the rest! As a former Malibu owner, and since a few other modded cars, keep on your quest for a hood! No need to be like every other Malibu on the road!

·
Premium Member
903 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
That's what I get too. I'd like to know the exact cost for the package on the show car though- that's pretty hot! As sik mali said- not too much, just right! The ground effects fit the car better than the other. And even the hood's nice. Sort of a hybrid Camaro / Buick opening treatment, but done in a way that is actually tasteful. :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.