Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I went to the dealership for an oil change and he says my brake pads in the rear needed changing. I countered that that would be highly unusual since he had replaced a rear caliper only 20,000 miles ago and new pads were installed in the rear. He looks into it and says they’ll change both rear calipers again under warranty. They did so.
My wife then reported the brakes were sticking in the morning and I experienced it too, they next replaced the electric parking brake cable. This seemed to fix the problem.
A few months later I decided I would change the rear rotors and pads myself and when I went to put a socket on the lug nuts, they were all mis-shapened . I had to use a sledge hammer to drive the socket on to get them off. This was terrible on only the rear lug nuts, but also present to a lesser degree on the front lug nuts as well. I replaced all the lug nuts on the vehicle with new Dorman units for about $75. At least now if I get a flat I can change the bad tire with the supplied lug wrench.
The dealership is the main service providers to this car. I did get new tires one time at a tire center. The fact that the rears were so much worse than the front points the finger at the dealership in my mind though I can’t prove it. I wonder if the mechanics were angry they had to work on my car under warranty? Do they get a lesser rate when they do that?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes they do.....Now that i posted a fact, the Forum Control Freaks will erase my posts....hope you got this info..

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,490 Posts
Yes they do.....Now that i posted a fact, the Forum Control Freaks will erase my posts....hope you got this info..
No, we won't erase your posts for saying "yes they do".

But you will be warned one time, and one time only, for the comment that followed.

I hope you "get" this!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts