Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
New member. Just purchased 2009 1LT. Thought it had bluetooth but the package was power convenience without the bluetooth. (power seat and remote start) Salesman was not even aware that it did not have bluetooth. Bluetooth was big selling point as my wife is in sales. Has anyone had the bluetooth added at the dealers?? I would like more information before I next approach the dealer and try to get it installed as a courtesy or for a small charge.
Thanks,
JKDheart

·
Registered
421 Posts
The factory bluetooth setup is integrated into the OnStar system. So getting the dealership to add it most likely isn't a possibility. But you might get them to do any of a number of aftermarket bluetooth add-ons.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Aftermarket, like a Parrot or Motorola module can definitely be done, and they work well.

But the factory one, that'd be a no. I thought BT was supposed to be part of the 1LT Power Package, too, but it isn't, at least not yet. They just all get the buttons on the steering wheel, and not the actual system. As said, it's integrated into the new Onstar system and not just an add on module or program to it. The GM Bluetooth is still fairly new as such, and few still know much about it other than it being part of Onstar.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I will probably go with a Parrot ck3100 and install myself. I guess I was a few weeks to early because I see in another post that starting November 3, that bluetooth will be added to the power package allowed on the LT1. Just bad timing.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Thanks for the information. I will probably go with a Parrot ck3100 and install myself. I guess I was a few weeks to early because I see in another post that starting November 3, that bluetooth will be added to the power package allowed on the LT1. Just bad timing.
Yep. Not sure on the specific rollout date, but it will now be available with that option package.

That said, many of the aftermarkets like those from Parrot still work great, and while not as functionally built in, serve their purpose. Good luck with picking one and doing the install!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 07 Malibu Maxx LT. After searching the net for the cleaniest install Bluetooth. I am now opting for a Rear View Mirror Bluetooth that is window mount, not a clip'on. You can get auto dimming GPS map feedback compass and temp, all on the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What I just recently bought is an OnStar Mirror, auto dimming temp and compass. I know the OnStar will not work, but if I can find the roof wiring harness. I will have HomeLink, Dimming temp and compass. So I have 2 ways to go, Another aftermarket rear view with bluetooth, or a bluetooth in dash kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.