Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys - so here are the two quotes I got from yesterday & today. I am not playing each dealer against each other - as I didnt tell either one that I have received a quote on a different Malibu.

White with Ebony 2LT - Sunroof - Premium Mat - Sticker is 26,360
salesman demo - it has 5900 miles on it...so they gave me their 'demo' price or 22,745 using 0% or 19,995 w/2750 rebates.

The second Malibu today is Silver 2LT w/ebony - Sunroof - Door Moldings - Sticker $26,325 - they said $22,862 w/rebates or 25,618 w/out.

Now this second car - I dont know where they are coming up with their invoice pricing - they told me that Invoice is 25,318 - but Edmunds & KBB - both list the invoice as 24,902. - I know we are talking about 400 bucks - but 400 bucks is 400bucks. How/why do dealers have different invoice pricing then Edmunds or KBB ?

I dont understand the pricing. I am not trying to steal the car and I know they have to eat too - but I would think that invoice would be a good starting point. I asked if we could find a good price somewhere between GMS & Invoice.

GMS price on this car by the way is 24,185

Based on what you guys have posted on all of your deals - I feel these prices are too high especially in this market.....unless other post on this board are embellished.....but I dont think so.

For some reason I think these dealers in CT are thinking that the market is not down and people are still buying cars - at both dealers - there were people coming in through the doors - but everyone was looking to buy a used car.

I guess what I am learning is that I should have jumped at the February deal for GMS price plus 3750 in rebates.....I guess I am the fool.

Oh - and I hate the running to the manager game - this is why salesmen get a bad rap.

But now I see why car sales have fallen through the floor.....dealers aren't making the deals.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Don't ever expect any dealer to go by Edmunds or KBB for pricing, GM set's the wholesale price on the car. If you notice the sticker on several Malibu's you won't find too many with the same price anyway. the dealers buy it at dealer cost but go by list price on the invoice from GM. Now the dealer themselves are the ones who can lower that price if they want, within reason, but if you don't sit there and talk with a saleman on what the best deal you're willing to do then how will you know what they'll do? You can even find a difference in price depending on the area you might go to compared to where you live.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good post malibu - I hear ya.

So I decided to send the second dealership and email about the difference in invoice pricing and this was there response...

"As far as what KKB came up with as an invoice price and what we have as an invoice, unfortunatley they are not showing advertising which is something that is built into the invoice that the dealership has. That would make up the difference. We will be more than happy to show you the invoice."

So from this - it looks like this dealship wants me to pay for their advertising fees.

·
Registered
493 Posts
No matter what there are expenses that anyone will be paying they won't know about, and each dealer could have price differences but do stick close to the MSRP set by GM. Dealers have a set amount they need to make off each sale, which some of it the salesman will get in compensation and the rest goes towards the operation of the dealership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.