Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a new Malibu at the end of March using $1000 GM card points, $200 Credit Union rebate, plus Supplier pricing....

Once home I didn't understand all the numbers they juggled so I sent and email asking for them to explain......

Response:

- Supplier Pricing was less than Invoice ... is this possible as Edmonds didn't agree?
- He now says he has learned that the Credit Union deal (didn't say the $200 or supplier pricing) isn't compatible iwth the GM card $ so he ended up eating aobut $500.

Can someone explain this to me before I go back to his office for an explanation?

Thanks,

·
Registered
193 Posts
Can you tell us the MSRP of the vehicle and the price you paid before tax? Without that information it's hard for us to understand just what the transaction price was...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Evening....

MSRP = $26055
Edmonds says Invoice is $24614
Dealer says Invoice is $25088
GM site says Supplier Price is $25040

He gave the rebates of $2750, $200 CU and let me use $1000 GM Card points. I challenged him (after the fact) on the Invoice since he said he was giving me invoice. Now he says the $200 wasn't supposed to be used with the GM card deduct........thus he says he "ate" $500 which I am having a hard time buying into right now.......especially I've not been aware of Supplier Pricing being below invoice.

Thanks,

·
Registered
193 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is the MSRP and the invoice price of the Malibu changed during 2009. The earlier builds were about $1,000 less expensive. In my experience, Edmunds does not cover this - they just list the most recent pricing data. So that's one thing to keep in mind to make sure you're comparing apples to apples.

·
Registered
178 Posts
What you are seeing with the different invoice pricing is what I am finding out...what Edmunds & KBB dont factor in is Dealer Advertising fees. I think some dealers add it to the invoice price to make customers pay for it ... and others dont.

As for how the pricing works it goes like this

MSRP
Supplier - % over invoice.
Invoice
GMS/Employee - % below invoice.

You can look at each price - Supplier or GMS by going to these websites...

GMS - https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/

Supplier - https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ip-gmsupplier/

Have fun looking.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MORE Dealer $$ BS

More Info...

1) now dealer admits his "invoice price" included some $500-$600 in advertising fees............ok...he got me on that one.

2) but now get this.....HE now says that GM rejected my $1000 card money because it can't be used with "Supplier Pricing" which he really didn't give me because he was giving me invoice....confusing.
Do you know if this is TRUE???

3) bottom line.....he has my money, GM has my $1000 card money I have the car!

I'll probably never do business with them again!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DOES ANYONE KNOW......can the GM Car $$ be used with Supplier Pricing????
(specifically with the March 09 deals)

·
Registered
178 Posts
DOES ANYONE KNOW......can the GM Car $$ be used with Supplier Pricing????
(specifically with the March 09 deals)
Straight from the GM Supplier website - go there and look at the FAQ's...https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ip-gmsupplier/do/tab_faq

Can I combine this discount with any GM reward card Earnings?
Yes, you can combine the GM Supplier Discount with Earnings from the GM Extended Family Card or GM Business Card. Earnings from the GM reward cards are in addition to most current incentives GM may offer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
There are two types of supplier pricing and there are multiple GM cards. I get supplier pricing because of the company I work for. I was not able to combine supplier pricing with my GM Points. I called GM to be sure after the dealer told me this. With the card I had and the supplier pricing plan I had, I was not able to combine them. We had already "priced" the car, so I told the dealer to give me supplier price anyway, somehow. He simply gave me more for my trade-in. I ended up paying the same thing, but the numbers were juggled around.

I believe the GM Supplier Purchase Program can be combined with earnings of the GM Extended Family Card or the GMBusiness World Card only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.