1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
yeah, you would have to repaint the trunk

·
Registered
512 Posts
Any reason why you decided to take the Malibu/LTZ badges off?

·
Registered
202 Posts
looks nice. I thought about taking mine off and putting the old style malibu emblem on.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
I saw someone had done that at the grocery store, and you could see the razor marks where they got the badges off. ::::smacks head::::

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks clean.

I HATE stickers on paint. I did that with my 2002 Z-71 LT the day after I brought it home. I used braided fishing line to saw through the moulding tape, and the Z-71 peeled right off with a little help from a hair dryer.

Someone asked me how I got a W/T with leather and painted fender flares. At that point, I knew that I had accomplished exactly what I was trying to. I wanted an LT that would not be noticed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks clean. The bowtie looks good, sticks out more, and it still lets you know its a chevy!

·
Registered
33 Posts
a lil wd 40 and slow easy hands took mine right off....thats the way i have done it for years.
never harmed a fly - and no razor worries

looks good man

·
Registered
67 Posts
I did this about a month ago. So many people stop and ask you what kind of car that is... I think it looks much cleaner without them.

FYI, a hairdryer to warm up the adhesive goes a long way.

·
Registered
186 Posts
can someone give me some techniques on how to properly take off the emblems? i dont wanna mess up the paint and i never took off emblems before

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
can someone give me some techniques on how to properly take off the emblems? i dont wanna mess up the paint and i never took off emblems before
Heat, either by sunlight or a hairdryer, and some fishing line to "saw" behind the emblems. This won't scratch anything. Then when off, some WD40, Goo Gone, or polish to remove any leftover glue remnants.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Clean look, did the same to mine. The letters come off very easily, just don't rush it or bend one back - would scratch the finish. I could almost twist mine off, very easy. Then a little goof off and just a bowtie in the middle now. Clean, very clean.:)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am considering taking the "LS" and GM emblems off all together. I would like to get the MALIBU taken off of the back trunk and have MALIBU placed on each side of the car like the GM emblems are.

That'll cost me a fair amount, I am sure, though. Maybe if I knew what kind of glue they used, I could order just another set that says "MALIBU" and then do it myself? Anyone know what would be best for this application?

As to the GM emblems, I can twist them right now but have not until I get some Goo Gone.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i took mine off this past saturday and im thinking about ordering some emblems to customize it even more, if anyone is interested youremblem.com is a reliable and cheap site to get emblems

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.