Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm just starting a thread to gauge some interest in badge overlays/decals. I "know" the guy that runs http://www.grafxwerks.com/ and he has done a ton of work getting badge overlays for the Grand Am community. I have read a lot of people seem interested in getting overlays for the bowties, and other misc. emblems, so I've sent the owner an e-mail to see if he'd be interested in making some overlays for the '08+ Malibu's.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I made my own vinyl overlays for mine, very easy to do and didnt even have to cut them with my vinyl cutter.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made my own vinyl overlays for mine, very easy to do and didnt even have to cut them with my vinyl cutter.
How did you go about doing the bowtie? I got an e-mail back from him last night stating that the problem with the bowtie is that it has a beveled edge so you will be able to see the outline of the gold. Otherwise he said I just have to take measurments of the center caps and steering wheel. Also, I noticed that he had vinyl to go over the airbag stickers on the G8's and I'm sure he could make something for ours too (I know some people were wanting to get rid of/cover it.).

·
Registered
569 Posts
How did you go about doing the bowtie? I got an e-mail back from him last night stating that the problem with the bowtie is that it has a beveled edge so you will be able to see the outline of the gold. Otherwise he said I just have to take measurments of the center caps and steering wheel. Also, I noticed that he had vinyl to go over the airbag stickers on the G8's and I'm sure he could make something for ours too (I know some people were wanting to get rid of/cover it.).

Quite easy actually, I just took a square cut of vinyl, enough to cover the entire bow tie and heat shrunk it to the form of the badge and trimmed away the excess then tucked in the edges in between the chrome and the gold,

I dont have any close pics on the computer but I can get some later.. They turned out really well

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm fixing to remove the bowtie and weld the hole lol
Im thinking about doing that on mine in the back.. I need to have my trunk lid repainted since it was scratched at the top so might as well while im at it lol

·
Registered
307 Posts
Im thinking about doing that on mine in the back.. I need to have my trunk lid repainted since it was scratched at the top so might as well while im at it lol
i am in the same boat. I wacked it with a stroller. But we are thinking of two toneing the car as well. so it is on hold lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well, I'm just starting a thread to gauge some interest in badge overlays/decals. I "know" the guy that runs http://www.grafxwerks.com/ and he has done a ton of work getting badge overlays for the Grand Am community. I have read a lot of people seem interested in getting overlays for the bowties, and other misc. emblems, so I've sent the owner an e-mail to see if he'd be interested in making some overlays for the '08+ Malibu's.
I purchased overlays from them for my grand prix GXP and the quality is excellent, I hope he does something for the Malibu because I'll purchase them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.