Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard about this message board.
I am in the process of buying a Demo Hybrid that has 7500 km with a discount of 10 cents per km. When I informed my insurance company about the pending buy they said that they considered a demo over 5000 km as a used car and that they couldn't insure it for replacement cost as a new car and that I would only get max $21,500 of the $28,000 I am about to pay (before tax). This means that as a used vehicle I should be paying about $24000 or less for the car. I would like to know if this is a fair estimate. They also claim that they never knew anything about this insurance regulation here in Canada. I called several insurance companies who read the same instruction about demo vs used cars. This may also prevent me from applying for the $1000 green incentive rebate for a new car purchase.

All opinions welcome.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would buy gap insurance and that way if you ever get in an accident it wll pay the difference of your pay off. And the GAP insurance does not cost that much for the peice of mind. Oh the Hybrid is a nice car I own one.I hope this has helped.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.