Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok on half of th emalibus i have seen the bumper is not alined properly with the fender.
the first picture is how it should be....

THIS IS NOT HOW THE OTHER SIDE SHOULD LOOK!!!!!

but then you just push the side in * ive been doing this at delerships when i go with my gpa * hes been looking at a saburban

this is literaly 7 seconds later its "fixed"

fixed

·
Registered
84 Posts
It that's all it takes to "fix", then it's probably poor assembly more than a design flaw... if it keeps popping out, then I'd call it a design flaw.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i had it "fixed" the first time at the stealership, and talked to the body man when he was doing it, he said it was because gm was stupid when they did the design of the clips that hold the bumper on ( its like their able to float) i bet ive seen 35-45 malibu's with this problem. im going to work on a soliution for this problem on sunday. ill let you all know what i come up with

·
Registered
512 Posts
It's probably a flaw with the body panel itself.

·
Registered
135 Posts
mine does this i noticed it when i bought it

·
Registered
33 Posts
my drivers side rear does it too...i just push it in when i see it...annoying but not enough for me to waste the time to have it looked at - since it most likely will not get fixed right anyway

·
Registered
123 Posts
Count me as another with this design flaw....if I ignore it, my OCD calms down!

·
Registered
33 Posts
mine didnt start sticking out till i hit the 7500 mile mark...before that it never happened
so who knows why it decided to pop out then....certainly reminds me of the fact that i am in a chevy despite it feeling like a better car than in the past

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked at mine and I've had my car for about 2 months, it does NOT have this problem.
yeah wait till your bumper gets bumped into, they all slide its how the bumper clips are made. :p

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep thats how i feel, you think they could come up with a fix but if they dont i have work off wedsday so ill look at a way to perminatly fix the problem

·
Registered
201 Posts
yep thats how i feel, you think they could come up with a fix but if they dont i have work off wedsday so ill look at a way to perminatly fix the problem

Yeah, I'm happy it's not doing this right now but when it does I'll be furious :mad:

It only has 700 miles on it, have had it for 2 months.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
My LTZ came off the Lake Orion assembly line, which Plant did your car come off of that are having these problems???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.