Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody have experience with suspension parts from Detroit Axle? I need new front strut assemblies and found a strut assembly/rear shock bundle on their website for less than $200. Seems too good to be true, yet I’ve read great things about their parts in general. I’m interested in hearing from anyone who has put these on their car, and how they’ve performed. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Are you keeping the car or unloading soon ? DA parts if your unloading it soon, with parts you get what you pay for. I know for sure their hub assy's are junk.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on keeping it for awhile, and just put on new BF Goodrich Advantage Control tires, which are amazing by the way. Although it looks amazingly clean, I’m afraid it might start showing rust in front of the rear wheels come this winter or next spring. I’ve thought about selling it before it reaches that point. Also it has a transmission hiccup that it didn’t have when I first got it. :cry:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bought complete brake set front and rear for 2011. Came with 4 rotors, 4 disc pad sets, new hardware clip sets, and 2 bottles of brake fluid. Bought on amazon for $140 complete, best price by far. Parts were new and high quality and installed easily. Would buy again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought complete brake set front and rear for 2011. Came with 4 rotors, 4 disc pad sets, new hardware clip sets, and 2 bottles of brake fluid. Bought on amazon for $140 complete, best price by far. Parts were new and high quality and installed easily. Would buy again.
This was from Detroit Axle? How are the brakes holding up? I also need new brakes all the way around.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Brake dust is from poor quality pads. Premium ceramic pads, like the originals, do not throw a ton of dust.
Only way I would use Detroit Axle parts is if I needed to get it running to get to the dealer to trade it in. Their stuff is re-boxed knock off Chinese stuff.
You're going to run the car for a while then use quality brake parts. Brakes are the most important system in the car, more important than the engine running.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anybody have experience with suspension parts from Detroit Axle? I need new front strut assemblies and found a strut assembly/rear shock bundle on their website for less than $200. Seems too good to be true, yet I’ve read great things about their parts in general. I’m interested in hearing from anyone who has put these on their car, and how they’ve performed. Thanks guys.
Hi there did you end up going with DA? I just got struts and mounts for it since my BU desperately needed new ones but plant to switch to higher quality ones later .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts