Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually liked the previous generation Malibu logo. I think it went well with the style of the car. I'm not sure if it would fit with the current Malibu design or not, but it would be interesting to see it just to compare.

Attachments

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Yes, I liked it. The Malibu Wave was pretty cool and I think it would work well with this generation, possibly better.

What's the new Logo?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I liked it. The Malibu Wave was pretty cool and I think it would work well with this generation, possibly better.

What's the new Logo?
I don't think there is one. Just the block lettering MALIBU.

BTW - this logo was actually used two generations ago.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yup. That logo is used on my Generation. That was the 1997-2003 N-Body Malibus. I think that logo would go very well with the 08 Malibus.

Also I liked both my gen and the previous gen even though it was blocky and the interio was oddly done.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Pizza Man, I like dude, very nice indeed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just noticed that the text logo below the Malibu on the top of the page is from the 97-03 malibus as well. That logo would look real great on the current Malibu. Seeing that font is sort off fancy looking.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Let's a have a "design the next chevrolet/malibu logo" contest!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I can't say that I liked the old Malibu logo. I do like the different logo for the Impala however...

·
Registered
569 Posts
I liked the older logo so I put cut some out and put them on mine lol :D I think it looks great

·
Registered
749 Posts
I absolutely HATED the old logo. I much more prefer the MALIBU block lettering.. looks much more clean with the current design.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In and of themselves, I like the Malibu and Impala old logos, but I feel that they detract from the Chevrolet branding. Of course, that may not be a bad thing given recent headlines, but... I'm glad the old logo is not on my wife's new 'bu.

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Helllo,

I don't care for the older Malibu design - I wish they would take it off the forum header.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Helllo,

I don't care for the older Malibu design - I wish they would take it off the forum header.
I do too. Not that I dislike it, but it was only used for the '97-03 Malibu, and while the comeback car, that one certainly wasn't for the hall of fame books.

It's a cool logo and interesting they did go to the effort of making it for one model, but eh. I like the lettering alone, I think. That emblem just brings back memories of that 2 gen ago 'Bu, and that's it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I had a 1997, and while I agree that it wasn't necessarily an outstanding car, it suited my needs pretty well. I DO like the old logo, though I also like the new block lettering.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The more I look at it, the older 'script' logo has a flair and sophistication that both compliments and competes with the over-all flair and beauty of the new 'bu. The simpler, cleaner block style just compliments it and let's the car itself have the spotlight......Damn this car look good!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I too had a '97 and liked the logo when it came out. But , the new style is so different from that car it needs a new logo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.