Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo I have a 2000 Chevy Malibu classic..the back seat is a whole piece ,so the manual is kinda confusing. It says “slip seat” but it’s not. When I’m in the trunk I can see where the seat is held on ,makes me think I could just pull straight up and out but can’t get it to budge... so do they even go down?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,638 Posts
If they are bolted in place, then you'll have to see if there's a release in the trunk on inside the cabin.

A quick check is to see if there is a physical split between the two sides. If not, then it's unlikely they fold down.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Geese , I would have thought it would fold down. My 2000 Z24 Cavalier did and , its a smaller car.. I would look for a little thumb sized tab....in the rear of the car above the rear seat or around it. The system used two door pin looking things..... like what is used on your doors for the latching and locking .

Or maybe it just dont go down lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Soo I have a 2000 Chevy Malibu classic..the back seat is a whole piece ,so the manual is kinda confusing. It says “slip seat” but it’s not. When I’m in the trunk I can see where the seat is held on ,makes me think I could just pull straight up and out but can’t get it to budge... so do they even go down?
I have a 2000 Malibu LS and the backseat folds down. If yours is equipped the same as mine you should be able to access a pair of latch releases. One is on each side of the trunk. Not sure if base model has a folding seat or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2000 Malibu LS and the backseat folds down. If yours is equipped the same as mine you should be able to access a pair of latch releases. One is on each side of the trunk. Not sure if base model has a folding seat or not.
I have a 2010 Malibu ls and there are straps on each side of the back seats by the head rests. By the side panels.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,638 Posts
I have a 2010 Malibu ls and there are straps on each side of the back seats by the head rests. By the side panels.
Your 2010 is a 7th Gen. The 2000 of the OP is a 5th Gen. They posted in the correct forum for their answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts