Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my malibu dosent show a redline on the tach....... but my buddys do????

·
Registered
293 Posts
In my "Discover Something New Everyday" thread I noticed how some did have it and others did not. We thought it was an LTZ thing at first, but not all 08 LTZs have it. Then we thought it was a V6 thing. But there are LT V6s without it (08 and 09 models). We then thought it was a LTZ 09 thing, but there is a 09 LTZ on here without the redline, but a cyl LS 09 with it.

I have a 2008 LS 4cyl and I do not notice one...and we can't figure it out.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Yep, weird, but it happens. Kind of like discussions on Saturn Aura & Buick Enclave boards where people have the same cars of various trims yet some have the needle sweep at start up and others mysteriously don't.

I don't think it's ever been narrowed down, and no one could nail down even specific build dates, in those cases. Here, I presume the same oddity...the supplier made some with, some without, and with no particular date specificity.

My August '08 build '09 2LT V6 from Orion has a redline on the tach, but I'm not sure about our '08 2LT 4-cyl.

·
Registered
749 Posts
'08 2LT V6 has redline

·
Registered
574 Posts
I know my 08 LTZ V6 has one... if that helps any?

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Just checked mom's '08 2LT 4-cyl 4-speed from Fairfax, and NO redline--just teal blue/green from 0 to 8k. Come to think of it, and remember back, this is why I immediately noticed "something" different inside my new 2LT after I drove it a few times.

·
Registered
9 Posts
my malibu dosent show a redline on the tach....... but my buddys do????

Okay, okay, I have got to know. Please tell me so I can catch up with the way you young people talk nowadays.

In your Sig (That's your signature, it's below your name), you wrote:
08 LT "SS"? You're just calling it that right? I mean, no one told you it was an SS right?

What in the Heck is "Katskin Leather"? Did you Skin a Cat and make seat covers out of it or what? I looked at dozens of 'Bu's before I bought mine and I never saw the "KATSKIN" Leather option. Mine seats are suede, so help me with this one.

e&g grill? Is this where you work? a "grille" on a car is spelled with an "e", without the e it's a place to eat. Does someone make custom grilles for the Malibus? Again, is this how young people speak or write nowadays?

And last, but not least, what in the Hell is a "Inalfa Sunroof"?? I'll ask again, but is this a new kind of saying amoung young people. Does "Inalfa" mean you're saying "in and out" of the sunroof? Or maybe you're a farmer and you mean to say "alfalfa".
Seriously, I have no idea what that means.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Okay, okay, I have got to know. Please tell me so I can catch up with the way you young people talk nowadays.
I'm not exactly young, but I'll take a shot at it anyway.

08 LT "SS"? You're just calling it that right? I mean, no one told you it was an SS right?
No. He bought the special LT 'SS' trim. Kind of like the RS package for the new Camaros.

What in the Heck is "Katskin Leather"? Did you Skin a Cat and make seat covers out of it or what? I looked at dozens of 'Bu's before I bought mine and I never saw the "KATSKIN" Leather option. Mine seats are suede, so help me with this one.
Definitely what happened. Abyssinian or Persian breeds make the best covers, btw.

e&g grill? Is this where you work? a "grille" on a car is spelled with an "e", without the e it's a place to eat. Does someone make custom grilles for the Malibus? Again, is this how young people speak or write nowadays?
No, you got this all wrong. He's saying exactly what he means- he bought a new grill for his Malibu. Have him open the trunk the next time you're nearby and notice the smell of hamburgers.. (guilty of this one myself, btw..)

And last, but not least, what in the Hell is a "Inalfa Sunroof"?? I'll ask again, but is this a new kind of saying amoung young people. Does "Inalfa" mean you're saying "in and out" of the sunroof? Or maybe you're a farmer and you mean to say "alfalfa".
Okay. I have no clue for this one either, though an alfalfa sunroof would surely be interesting. I'm even having a hard time imagining what it'd look like! I suspect you'd have to be careful around livestock and horses though.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

e&g is a company that makes chrome grills for our cars ......
if you did a little search you would know that.
and same thing with the leather KATZKIN ( actualy sounds like Kats-kin) is a very high quality leather. my car actualy a 1lt didnt come with leather so the dealer sent it out and had it installed. you know unique whips on the speed channel on tv, has used this leather in very very nice cars.
inalfa is an aftermarket company that makes sunroofs for our cars....my car dident come with one, so the dealer sent it out
and had one put in..... once again a little seach would help....google is your friend

and i like to F*C& with people so i slapped some SS badges on my car. :)

and do i need to tell you what the chrome door handles and chrome b-pillars are also.....or could you google it.......?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
btw( by the way) you might be right on the spelling of grilles or grills but honestly im not very good at spelling never have been, never will be....

·
Registered
9 Posts
e&g is a company that makes chrome grills for our cars ......
if you did a little search you would know that.
and same thing with the leather KATZKIN ( actualy sounds like Kats-kin) is a very high quality leather. my car actualy a 1lt didnt come with leather so the dealer sent it out and had it installed. you know unique whips on the speed channel on tv, has used this leather in very very nice cars.
inalfa is an aftermarket company that makes sunroofs for our cars....my car dident come with one, so the dealer sent it out
and had one put in..... once again a little seach would help....google is your friend

and i like to F*C& with people so i slapped some SS badges on my car. :)

and do i need to tell you what the chrome door handles and chrome b-pillars are also.....or could you google it.......?

First off, don't get your panties in an uproar. I seriously had no idea that these things you had installed on your car existed, not to mention they actually have a name and are real.
I've heard of the show "Unique Whips", but have never seen the show. Not my idea of entertainment really. What do I care if a bunch of Rap thugs put 24" "Dubs" and Big-A** speakers in their Blinged out Caddy SUV. I watch Pinks, Two Guys garage, Trucks (since I own a 1968 Chevy SWB), anything performance related. Not into the whole Bling thing. But if you, then more power to ya.

Do you have a web address for E&G? I might want to look at what they have to offer. Of course, one reason I bought mine was it just looks great with what it has, but no harm in looking though.

Nope, you don't need to tell me anything concerning Door handles or B-pillers.
I don't use Google, I use www.dogpile.com.
Which style of SS badges did you use? The Impala version or something older?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
http://www.egclassic.com/
i thought u were just trying to be a a$$ im happy everythings good now..... im sure if u seach on dogpile for something like 08 malibu aftermarket parts some more cool stuff will show up...even ebay has some good deals

·
Registered
71 Posts
Getting back to the post - I have a redline in my '08 LTZ 4-banger built during June of 2008.

·
Registered
9 Posts
By the way, my Malibu has a red-line, but I'll have to check when it was made, cause I'm wondering if it's where it was made and when it was made if it makes a difference. Seems like it might be where it was built as to whether or not it has a red-line.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
By the way, my Malibu has a red-line, but I'll have to check when it was made, cause I'm wondering if it's where it was made and when it was made if it makes a difference. Seems like it might be where it was built as to whether or not it has a red-line.
It is odd, I tell you, odd. As I mentioned with the Aura and Enclave--vehicles that are built in one factory each, and one factory only--owner's have varied gauge clusters, and have never been able to actually narrow down a build date range, model, etc.

In those cases the "thing" is the gauge sweep at start up actually being there or not, but I think I've also seen a few MIA redline discussions of the Aura as well.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Sorry about the offensive content posted earlier today. It has been removed as well as any additional post content referring to it.

Please keep in mind the Forum Rules everyone agreed to when joining.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow, 2 pages with no answers? Here it is:

If you have the 6 speed tranny, regardless of engine, with Tap-Shift, then you have a redline.

The 4 speed trannys are the only ones without redlines.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.