Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a sweet ground effects kit for my Malibu. I came accross the Rksport kit online and it looks really nice. Does anyone have it, seen it, or is thinking about getting it. here are some pictures of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I fell in love with that kit and ordered it up to get installed by my dealer when I get my Malibu. I'm going to be taking delivery sometime next week. The body kit is on its way to the dealer (shipping freight from California to MI), when it shows up I'm going to go over it with the body shop manager and then by the end of the week I should be bringing it home and taking some pix :)

I'm totally stoked, I think it will turn out awesome. I'l let you all know how it goes.

Mine is a Red Jewel tintcoat LTZ.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
COOL GUYS THANKS FOR THE REPLIES. If anyone gets one, post the pictures so we can see it on something else other then their car.

·
Registered
307 Posts
it will probably be next year before we get ahold of it lol maybe it will go up in price again..though i think we get a discount (assuming they are still a vendor)

·
Registered
19 Posts
My set is ordered up and on the slow truck to Michigan. Should be at the dealer by Friday and then installed in the first few days of the week, I'll snap some pix and get them up as soon as I take delivery. Looking at mid next week. I got the ground effects and the hood, but I didn't go with the spoilers or carbon fiber lip extension though. CF was too expensive, plus figured I'd hit some curb and be upset (this is my daily driver) and I thought the spoilers were just OK looking. Plus, didn't want to drill into the rear decklid... although apparently the roof spoiler is just a stick on.

·
Registered
307 Posts
My set is ordered up and on the slow truck to Michigan. Should be at the dealer by Friday and then installed in the first few days of the week, I'll snap some pix and get them up as soon as I take delivery. Looking at mid next week. I got the ground effects and the hood, but I didn't go with the spoilers or carbon fiber lip extension though. CF was too expensive, plus figured I'd hit some curb and be upset (this is my daily driver) and I thought the spoilers were just OK looking. Plus, didn't want to drill into the rear decklid... although apparently the roof spoiler is just a stick on.
i thought the rear one was stick on as well. let me know how the fitment is

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to the source,"RkSport" 800-214-8030 and the Rear Spoler does NOT bolt on. It installs with 3m double side tape, that is included with both spoilers. I know many spoilers these days install using the High strenght durable 3m tape. Well can't wait to see more pictures. I might just have to cough up the beans and buy one soon. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like the look of the hood whats the scoop on that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I realize that sorry I guess I should of said whats up with it? Available to buy? I dont have a Malibu yet but looking into it and if I do get one I want the hood, its cool.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey quick update people. The body shop is done installing the kit for me and I'm taking delivery tonight. They tell me it looks awesome... I'm pretty excited. Will post pics ASAP!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Alright guys I picked it up and it looks AWESOME. However by the time I got home it was too dark for pix so sorry for being a loser but it will have to be tonight or tomorrow. A couple quick things:

The body shop I used was really impressed with the kit. It goes on with a combination of 3M auto tape and bolts into existing factory panel mounts - very professional, looks like factory equipment. The body shop manager thinks it's very new-Camaro looking with the hood scoop and rear filler strakes. He said I should get an RS badge but I'm gonna pass LOL

Best thing I did (in my opinion) was paint the rear filler body color instead of gray/black like the RK Sport showcar. It just gives it a really up-market look, without having gray plastic. I was secretly worried that it would make the car look to large in the back visually, but it looks awesome.

The hood looks great. Fit and finish are excellent.

If you get the kit, be sure your body shop knows what they're doing. My guy said the plastics used in the kit were very oily, so he had to bake the parts 3 times to get the oils out, so paint would adhere properly.

Unrelated, but I also got Ace Alloy Deluxe 20" wheels - black with painted silver spoke inlays - and they look awesome.

Well you probably don't want to hear from me again unless I have pix, so I'll work on that. :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.