Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my third new Chevrolet. For the previous two, GM sent a free bottle of touch up paint a month or two after I bought the car. Does Chevy still do that? It was a nice "touch."

·
Registered
795 Posts
The last three Chevys I purchased did not come with free touch up paint.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I agree, you will probably have to order some from a dealer.

·
Registered
749 Posts
When I was in an accident I got this huge bottle of touch-up paint from the auto-body shoppe.

·
Registered
438 Posts
You can find color matched touch up paint at most auto parts stores with little pen and brush applicators.

·
Registered
178 Posts
We got one when we bought my wife her Z71 Tahoe - but she asked for it.

Its kind of my wifes 'thing' when we buy a new car - she always asks the dealer to thow in something to seal the deal - and she usually asks for touch up paint...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all. I could have sworn that Chevy sent me a touch up bottle for free. Maybe it was from the dealer, though.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Never heard of recieving one in the mail, however I know that GM does include a small touch up paint with the car, however I suspect you have to ask for it. Gone are the days where they put it into your glove box for you.

Just some food for thought, but I would call the dealer and tell them you want it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
You can find color matched touch up paint at most auto parts stores with little pen and brush applicators.

I'd be very careful about buying touch up paint at most auto parts stores. I've seen in several times that certain paint codes on touch up paint won't match the actual color of the car. Even worse is some of the special colors are harder to find at local parts stores. Mine being a 200 you think there'd be my color, Navy Metallic Blue, at the local parts store but it's not and I had no choice but to go to the dealer for it. One other way to get touch up paint would be to go to a automotive paint supply store and give them the GM color code and they'll be able to mix up that color.

·
Registered
512 Posts
This is what happens when you prove you know more about the cars than the salesman does.

You get free touch up paint sent to you. No requests or anything. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.