Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I use torque pro any time I change values in my car profile it actuallys effects the car for instance when I change the fuel type in the profile it changes my commanded fuel that the car wants to that. Boost pressure same thing it'll alter the map values and def can tell the change. Epically volumetric efficiency when changed around will dramatically change how boost hits and the hp like I can have it pull hard on low end and no top end and vise versa. Changing rpm max changes shifting logic even changing the mpg adjustment up or down from 1 adds fuel or takes away fuel and I can see the data reflecting the dramatic change I can even smell the gas when I increase fuel by that mpg adjustment... It's sketchy and don't use it because of this.. just curious if anyone else has encountered this.. all the values I'm talking about is under your vehicle profile on torque pro. it's a 2017 Malibu premier. Cheap v1.5 elm327.. it's not like causing randomness it's actually effective and changing values that I can see changed in data abd changes I can hear see and feel.. obviously it's not smart nor safe but wtf is happening I was under the impression that these couldn't modify parameters. I'm just confused and frustrated because i feel I can't safely use it without causing issues.. one last note this is the second one I've gotten and completely different brand to do this. 馃し

Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
Thanks for the edits. I haven't read anything like that before. Perhaps it has something to do with that hungry throttle body you mentioned.

Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
It sounds like a glitch in the matrix! Only a dedicated tuner app with the proper cable is supposed to be able to change settings in the computer like that, not an OBD reader. Even my BlueDriver can't do that!

But HP Tuners can, and it isn't cheap.

Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
changing the mpg adjustment up or down from 1 adds fuel or takes away fuel and I can see the data reflecting the dramatic change I can even smell the gas when I increase fuel by that mpg adjustment
This is the best feature of that v1.5 elm327! Lots of owners would love this. Crank up that desired mpg to 38-40ish and just roll along happy as a clam. Or drop 'er down to 10ish mpg and get that fuel spraying everywhere!

Premium Member
Interesting...I thought scanners and readers could only do that...scan and/ore read...even when you remove stored codes, you aren't fixing anything...just removing the code to be reset should that condition still be active...I've never read of any of those actually programming a car...

Bill

Registered
2020 Malibu
I am a skeptic at heart, and my skepticism is highly doubtful that any code scanner could do this. I've installed a Trifecta tune on my car. Trifecta needed me to find and provide them an unlock code from the ECU and then Trifecta compiled the tune for my car. The tune I got can only work on my car due to the security unlock. That is one of the reasons that a software like HP Tuners or Holly EFI is so expensive - building a software package that can overcome or bypass the security features on an ECU is no simple coding job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts