Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, we are considering buying a new Malibu. I have a question I'm not sure if anyone can help with. If you get a non-LTZ Malibu that come with the body colored door handles, is there anywhere you can order and install the Chrome door handles instead of the body colored ones?

I know for a Cobalt, they are an accessory you can buy, but they are not listed as an official accessory on the GM web site. I just think with the 4 cylinder LT with the chrome wheel colors, the chrome handles would match the wheels on the LT1 and look really great.

·
Registered
795 Posts
You should be able to order the chrome LTZ door handles from your dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2LT and I put chrome handles on mine. If you call your local dealership or ADI, the GM handles from the Equinox fit the Malibu. Very easy install as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2LT and I put chrome handles on mine. If you call your local dealership or ADI, the GM handles from the Equinox fit the Malibu. Very easy install as well.
When you say very easy to install, just how easy? do you need any special tools? Do you just pry the old ones off? Any info on how much of a do-it-yourself project it is?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would also like to know how easy these are too install. Those chrome door handles look so nice on the car, also the chrome grille, too things I need on my 2LT!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Each door literally has one bolt to remove. The only issue that can arrise is if you drop the bolt inside the door. I had all 4 handles switched out in less then 20 minutes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was not ready to spend the money just yet so I bought a set of chrome handle covers for $50 off of Amor Motoring Chrome distributor. I figured if I did not like them on my Silverstone Malibu I could just take them off since they are held on with 3mtape & and glue.

They look great, but there is a little space between the edges of the covers and the door itself, if you can deal with that.

http://stores.ebay.com/AMOR-MOTORING-CHROME-DISTRIBUTOR

I also bought the "2008 09 CHEVROLET MALIBU LOWER GRILL GRILLE CHROME TRIM" on ebay-motors for $19. What a difference this little chrome strip makes

·
Registered
281 Posts
i got the stick on ones from my dealer they look just as good as the other ones they ran me $58

·
Registered
749 Posts
Still Waiting On Photos.

·
Registered
281 Posts
way to bring up a dead post lol
i totaly forgot about this, sorry bout these picts but its all i have right now ( it ust snowed so the roads are a mess hence the car being a mess.)
they look a lot better when everythings clean

·
Registered
749 Posts
Bringing up dead posts... what I'm known best for LOL..

Those are chrome????? They look black!! I'll assume it's because it's nighttime/a bit dirty (I don't blame you mine looks like crap now after these snowstorms haha)... installation looks great though I can't even tell they're modified!

Can't wait for mine to arrive.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I finally had chrome door handles put on mine by the dealership. Once i get a good camera i will post it.
Stick on covers or LTZ chrome handles?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.