Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just became the proud owner of a 2004 Malibu LS and have a couple of questions:

• When I shift from Park to Drive the doors lock. Is there a way of stopping this as I find it annoying?:mad:
  • The car came with two remote fobs. I put new batteries in them but they still don't work...anything else I can try?:rolleyes:
Thanks in advance
Brian

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Auto lock is the way of the world now. I hate it also and it prematurely wears out lock actuators. A lot of time the key pads on the fobs wear out and don't make contact. They sell pad replacements cheap online, I've done pads on a few chevy's I've had.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,213 Posts
You might be able to go into your vehicle personalization and turn it on/off. Depending on when the change was made, it's either through the radio display or the DIC (driver info center).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI, I don't think you can stop it from locking the doors when you shift from P into D but I was able to eliminate the annoying part: I went into DIC and went to AUTO UNLK and chose ALL. So now when I stop and shift into P all the doors unlock.

So the part that was bugging me was when I pulled up to drop someone off or pick someone up I would never remember to unlock the doors. Now I don't have that issue... all is good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts