Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Just picked up a 2014 LTZ 2.0T. I noticed the radio does not turn off when I open the driver door nor do the interior lights turn on. I asked on facebook and they said it was the door latch/lock actuator assembly. Well I replaced that and it still doesn't work.

I got on google and got no where. Any ideas??

Thank you,

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,400 Posts
Find the electrical diagram so you can trace the wire from the latch/switch to the BCM, which is what controls the lighting and so many other things. You may find a damaged wire between the door and body, or a loose or tenuous connection that has failed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Find the electrical diagram so you can trace the wire from the latch/switch to the BCM, which is what controls the lighting and so many other things. You may find a damaged wire between the door and body, or a loose or tenuous connection that has failed.
I believe the wiring is good to go after looking and its all plugged in tight. Do you know where the RAP relay location is on an 8th gen? (2014)

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Just because the connectors are tight doesn't mean they are making a good connection. Previous generations had a lot of connection / contact issues at the BCM. I'd disconnect them and hit the contacts with a good electrical cleaner/lube . It's a very low power signal from the door switches back to the BCM that controls everything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just because the connectors are tight doesn't mean they are making a good connection. Previous generations had a lot of connection / contact issues at the BCM. I'd disconnect them and hit the contacts with a good electrical cleaner/lube . It's a very low power signal from the door switches back to the BCM that controls everything.
I agree, but everything else is working. Power door locks, remote lock/unlock, windows (driver and all others from switch) only ussue is dome lights and radio not turning off/on when the door is open. Im thinking its the RAP relay. I will say the owners manual doesn't really help figure out the BCM connections. Might have to try to find a diagram online, which has also been a challenge.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
I agree, but everything else is working. Power door locks, remote lock/unlock, windows (driver and all others from switch) only ussue is dome lights and radio not turning off/on when the door is open. Im thinking its the RAP relay. I will say the owners manual doesn't really help figure out the BCM connections. Might have to try to find a diagram online, which has also been a challenge.
I use alldatadiy.com for all my fleets information. Has all the diagrams, it is factory level intense made for advanced users. I have subscriptions for all my vehicles. There are no good free online diagrams.
Anytime I have to work on something, even simple things, I check Alldata just incase there may be a surprise.

Reactions: Dindi

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,400 Posts
What could it hurt to actually listen to a guy who knows his stuff? I'm familiar with the Gen7 and can do mine in about 5 minutes. The Gen8 is likely the same or very similar. Plus, the service will absolutely not cause any new issues unless you bend pins, which isn't likely at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts