Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All Malibu Owners,

2011 Malibu LTZ - black leather seats... I was driving about a week ago and my driver side seat just collapsed to the right, towards the middle console. Luckily i was cruising at low speeds in town but it was a very scary moment. Since then, i have lowered the seat all the way to the lowest position and it does not move or wiggle but i would like to get it fixed. I cannot find the source of the collapse, all the seat power controls work perfectly fine. I tried to look for a replacement seat but i do not want to spend 300$+ at the moment. Doing some research, there is some weld that goes bad, does anyone have any experience with this issue that can guide me to which weld can be fixed to have the seat fixed.

Thank you.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,490 Posts
Search this forum and you'll find at least one thread with pictures and a lot of good ideas.

·
Registered
2012 Malibu 2LT Switchblade Silver Metallic
49 Posts
Better than a $300 repair bill if you can find one in good condition, you might be able to find just the driver's seat from a junkyard for less than $100. Just make sure it's a 2011 or 2012, as they changed the airbag harness.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Better than a $300 repair bill if you can find one in good condition, you might be able to find just the driver's seat from a junkyard for less than $100. Just make sure it's a 2011 or 2012, as they changed the airbag harness.
Yeah, i've been searching all over for a used seat but its very hard to find a black leather one around my area, especially in good used condition.. their either torn up or just damaged and even then junkyards are asking 200-300$.. ridiculous prices... ill keep looking but as of now i just have the seat at the lowest position possible to get by, found a thread where theirs pics of the broken weld but ill have to investigate this, thank you

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,490 Posts
You might consider getting a seat with a good frame and then transfer your seat covers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts