Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Malibu LT and I replaced the door lock actuator on the driver side door and then the driver side window quit working I have replaced the regulator in motor I've replaced the switch I've checked all the connections I have power to everything what else could it be? Thanks in advance to anybody with any suggestions

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,227 Posts
Possibly the switch isn't plugged in all the way, or a fuse blew when the work was being done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 08 Malibu LT and I replaced the door lock actuator on the driver side door and then the driver side window quit working I have replaced the regulator in motor I've replaced the switch I've checked all the connections I have power to everything what else could it be? Thanks in advance to anybody with any suggestions
Possibly the switch isn't plugged in all the way, or a fuse blew when the work was being done.
I don't know if this will help...I had the same problem with my '12 Malibu. I had the power window switch bank replaced, window regulator and another part. It worked then stopped after parts where replaced. It was determined that BCM was the issue. The garage I took it to did a work around so I didn't have to replace the part, which is expensive. It was the fix. No problem.

·
Administrator
19,227 Posts
In Gen7 cars from 2008-2012, the BCM does not control the windows in any manner. The only electronic control is if the driver's window has the Express feature, and that is located inside the motor.

If there's an issue with the BCM, it could be fretting corrosion, as mentioned in this thread. But it will not affect the windows.

The center console is where the BCM is found, and one of the main connections includes a fuse panel. However, none of the circuitry of the BCM is mixed with the power windows.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does have the express up and down feature on this model on this car I just can't figure it out it's driving me nuts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well since that fixed jpiazza's problem I would think that the BCM has something to do with it then since it fixed his problem or I guess it was a coincidence not trying to be smart just trying to figure out my window issue.

·
Administrator
19,227 Posts
Have you checked any of the items I suggested yet? If so, what did you find?

Did you replace the motor with another that has the same features? Some had no Express feature, some had Express Down, and some had Express in both directions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All the fuses test good and made sure plugged in good.
My daughter just told me the drivers side heated seat has not been working either for some time. Could these 2 things be related?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you checked any of the items I suggested yet? If so, what did you find?

Did you replace the motor with another that has the same features? Some had no Express feature, some had Express Down, and some had Express in both directions.
Yes I checked all those things and yes I did get the correct parts after ordering one that was wrong the first time . I just read that the fuse panel has a 10 amp
to use it runs the heated seat and also the ACC and run to the motor of the window I believe I'm going to check it tomorrow when my daughter comes over hopefully that's all that's wrong with it.

·
Administrator
19,227 Posts
There are 3 fuses that run the power windows.

There are 2 fuses in the BCM fuse panel:
  • 30A - Power Windows: This actually powers the all of the windows, but the driver's window needs additional inputs.
  • 10A - Roof / Heat Seat: Driver's window only.

The other fuse is in the underhood fuse panel:
  • 20A - Power WDO, Fuse 50: Driver's window only.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't checked the 10amp one yet. The other 2 are good. My daughter's on her way over here right now so I'm going to check it here in just a few minutes and I will report back my findings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts