Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 LT. I drive about 2 hrs a day in this car. I love the car. The only problem is the drivers seat pushes on my leg. It drives me crazy. I was just wondering if any one else has this problem.
Thanks

·
Registered
749 Posts
Do you have the 1LT or 2LT? 1LT has cloth seating and 2LT has "UltraLux" seating. I have the UltraLux and find it to be very comfortable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the LT1. With no power seat. As for the spot that it hits It is the lower part of the hip bone. It would not be bad for a short drive but the long hall is killer. I we even thinking about trying to take the seat apart and add some padding

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an LTZ and I have to agree the OP. The sides of the lower seat are stiff and push on my hip bone. I have to constantly adjust to fit between the sides. It seems fine on short drives, but I recently made a 8 hour drive and it was uncomfortable. On the way back I added a short stadium cushion (3/4" or so) which put me up a little higher and it made all the difference in the world. I either need more padding on the seat bottom or on mine. For now, I'll stick with the stadium cushion.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, I have an 09 LT2 with the black ultra material. The left side of the butt -thigh is very tough and uncomfortable. And this seat material is VERY difficult to move and wiggle around in. It really GRABS your pants and holds you in place. Usually a good thing, but this stuff grabs like velcro and makes it difficult to adjust position on drives of any length.

Will likely sell this and take a beating. Its very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'll give you $15 for it... I can drive it while mine is being reconstructed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, I have an 09 LT2 with the black ultra material. The left side of the butt -thigh is very tough and uncomfortable. And this seat material is VERY difficult to move and wiggle around in. It really GRABS your pants and holds you in place. Usually a good thing, but this stuff grabs like velcro and makes it difficult to adjust position on drives of any length.

Will likely sell this and take a beating. Its very uncomfortable.
After my experiment using a stadium seat cushion on a long drive, I settled for using a piece of 1/2" dense foam about 13" square. It does sit me up a bit higher, but I still have headroom. It is much more comfortable not being wedged down in the seat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took the seat apart. Then cut some of the foam with a razor knife. Replaced the area I cut out with soft foam from the fabric store. It is 100 times better.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
hm....the seats in mine are about the most comfortable of all cars I had before.
But I guess it depends on a person, I am only 5'6", I feel ok in about any car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a 2LT and also think the drivers seat is VERY UNCOMFORTABLE! I took mine to an upholstrey shop and treid to make it better, but had no luck. Not sure what to do now. Love the car HATE THE DRIVERS SEAT! If anyone has any success stories, let me know.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I recently purchased a 2LT and also think the drivers seat is VERY UNCOMFORTABLE! I took mine to an upholstrey shop and treid to make it better, but had no luck. Not sure what to do now. Love the car HATE THE DRIVERS SEAT! If anyone has any success stories, let me know.
I find the seats in my LTZ comfortable, mind you I am only 5'7..

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 09 lt2 is very comfortable. I am 6'1" and the wife is 5'8" and we both like how comfortable it is. But we came from an 06 VW Jetta that had rock hard leather seats that sucked so that helps for us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 09 Malibu LTZ. It is replacing a loaded 06 Cadillac CTS, which I totaled. The Malibu actually has several features that I like better than the CTS. The CTS was a great-looking car but i simply couldn't afford to replace it with a new one, so I went with the Malibu which had -- in my opinion -- a luxary-car feel and look with a much-cheaper price tag.

The problem is, the driver's seat is so uncomfortable its driving me crazy. I drive over an hour round-trip every day for work, and much of this time is spent in a futile attempt to find a comfortable position. The problem is exactly like the original poster descrbed...the seat "presses" on the left side of my upper left leg just below the hip. Its not that I expect the LTZ to offer the same driving experience as a $45,000 Cadillac, but I've never driven a car (and I've driven a lot of cars) that had a driver's seat that was this bad.

I really like the car and its features, but the seating is ruining the car for me. I actually found this forum and registered hoping to find a solution.

If anyone has found a solution or has ANY ideas, please reply....thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.