Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member, just joined today!

Probably going to purchase a black LTZ this week but still undecided on the ebony/brick interior. I've heard rumblings that it's too "orangy" and that the dash and accents don't necessarily match the brick leather seating. I think it looks great on the GM website, but other pics i've see appear to be too orange...

Any opinions? Thanks.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
kxcd, I think you need to see it to appreciate it.

I like it, but it's not available with the Red Jewel Tintcoat exterior. The cocoa/cashmere and titanium interiors would pair up with the granite black real well, also.

Oh, welcome to the Forum and please remember to post photos when you get your new 'Bu.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I found Lee's photo. It's not a very precise representation of the true color, but perhaps it may help you, kxcd. How your monitor displays color is also a factor to take into consideration.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have the Ebony and Brick, and while I do wish it was more red or brown than orangish, I still love it.
Same here.

When we first saw pictures we did not like the looks of the Ebony and Brick, but liked it when we saw it in person.
At one point we thought of ordering a 2 LT with the straight Ebony interior because we thought the Ebony and Brick was a little to much. After having the car awhile now, we are very happy with the LTZ trim with the Ebony and Brick. My wife thinks the two tone shows off the interior design better than one color.
Can you email or call around to find one to look at, that's what we did.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I like the cocoa/cashmere better, but I compliment Chevy in offering something out of the ordinary in two-tone. The one thing I got tired of in my Grand Prix is that it is monotone gray color. Way too much gray in the car.

What I can't understand is why they limit certain two-tone interiors with certain exterior colors.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
My wife thinks the two tone shows off the interior design better than one color.
I feel the same way. I have the cocoa/cashmere and the way Chevy designed the interior and placed the two tones actually enhances the design even further. I think the Malibu has one of the most eye appealing interiors of any vehicle I've owned. It's very modern and truly cockpit-like.

·
Registered
795 Posts
What I can't understand is why they limit certain two-tone interiors with certain exterior colors.
Some colors just clash with each other. The dash has two large areas with the accent color that you can see through the windshied and side windows.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Some colors just clash with each other. The dash has two large areas with the accent color that you can see through the windshied and side windows.
Especially the large strangely-shaped cover over the gauge cluster part of the dash. That is the one thing about the Malibu I dislike, when looking at the car from the outside.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have yet to sit in an Ebony / Brick LTZ because the owner of the dealer I bought my car from doesn't like it. So, I went with the cocoa/cashmere which I now love! I didn't think I would at first, but it is very up-scale looking and have received many compliments.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have yet to sit in an Ebony / Brick LTZ because the owner of the dealer I bought my car from doesn't like it. So, I went with the cocoa/cashmere which I now love!
We were at one dealer where the salesman told us the owner would not order any cocoa/cashmere for the lot.
Color is a very personal thing, what one person loves, the next person may hate.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Especially the large strangely-shaped cover over the gauge cluster part of the dash. That is the one thing about the Malibu I dislike, when looking at the car from the outside.
Works for me. When I look in, I see mid 60s Vette.
My wife was the same way as you. When she looked in, she thought the hump was odd, but when she sat behind the wheel she loved the interior.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I found Lee's photo. It's not a very precise representation of the true color, but perhaps it may help you, kxcd. How your monitor displays color is also a factor to take into consideration.

The Brick color is a little darker than what my picture shows.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I took the plunge last night and went with the black metallic Malibu LTZ w/ebony and brick interior. Test drove a blue metallic w/cocoa cashmere. This particular dealer only had two LTZ's on the lot, white and blue. The blue is a nice color but not too crazy about the cocoa cashmere, but to each his own I guess. Personal preference. I'm sure there will be people telling me that the "black and orange" interior is hideous, but I think it looks sharp. :D I've kind of been steering towards it ever since seeing it. I think it will look sweet with the car being black. Should be getting it tomorrow! Stay tuned!

·
Registered
795 Posts
That's great, you'll love it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think the brick/ebony and maybe even the cocoa/cashmere would look hideous if the Malibu had a traditional interior. But the two tone interiors with the swept cockpit style in the Malibu is SWEET.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.