Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So can anyone please explain these errors? Also please explain if its possible how to reset or update my ECU.this is a problem I had for a while and want to get to the bottom of.
I purchased this used in March of this year.I've put a lot of $ in to her from tinted windows to alpines 6x9s, scheduled maintenances.(transmission drain n fill,rotors & brake pads,tires,etc).any advice on the ECU or the ability to possible adjust Modules that are set to default.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,799 Posts
Is that in the 8" MyLink developer/service menu or does that just appear on the screen every time you start the car?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,799 Posts
I'd hook up a scanner/code reader and verify the exact list of DTCs (Pxxxx Uxxxx). The best I could do is look at the pile, cross reference bulletins for that combo, and see. Beyond that, I only see the option of a dealer update or ECM replacement and the outside chance of trying a tune but I wouldn't flash a tune over what may be a corrupted ECM or network errors. You could also try clearing all the codes if you haven't tried that but make sure you note them prior.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,799 Posts
I use BlueDriver Pro as it is reasonably inexpensive and reads all code families (P, C, U, B). There are many options but some read less, some obviously can do more for a lot more money. A popular shopping site currently has a $15 coupon which I have never seen before.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,799 Posts
A dealer update would write the latest ECM calibration if available. It probably wouldn't fix the codes unless those codes are tied to a targeted update. I don't think there is a bulletin for that. The goal here is to figure out what codes you have and go from there. You other discussion suggests the car is at or will be returning to the dealer for a headliner replacement? It'll cost but you can have them read the error codes if you don't like the suggestions here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no errors according to my scanner with the obd. Just checked this morning and all looks good. What I'm guess is thoses errors are old error from the previous owner and they never got reset.I ask the dealership when I there. Also ask but my heat found out about RS. I'll keep you posted.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,799 Posts
Thanks for the update. Maybe the previous owner installed a tune because those errors indicate some pretty major corruption or component failure at some point. Checksum errors, memory errors/failure, ECU hardware performance EEPROM failure (is that what holds the odometer???), ECU software performance calibration data set not programmed... all alarming errors. Even if those are old errors that persist in history means something bad happened at some point. I'm interested to hear what the dealer finds and/or fixes. I've never read any of those errors here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the update. Maybe the previous owner installed a tune because those errors indicate some pretty major corruption or component failure at some point. Checksum errors, memory errors/failure, ECU hardware performance EEPROM failure (is that what holds the odometer???), ECU software performance calibration data set not programmed... all alarming errors. Even if those are old errors that persist in history means something bad happened at some point. I'm interested to hear what the dealer finds and/or fixes. I've never read any of those errors here.
Good question I purchased this malibu thru carvana.
It had one previous owner and according to the carfax it was repo from owner.whats funny is when I ask to have this car delivered it was late arriving and Carvana said they have a logistics problem. Which I found to be odd.because it was here in the states and purchased by the ohio department of transportation. And carvana purchased it from them. So I guess it had 2 owners but the second owner was the state and they didn't put any miles on it.so all this has me pondering whats the history of this vehicle!!!

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
That car has a bad history. Repo and state tells me drug car. Carvana is not the most reputable Co. .

·
Registered
827 Posts
this is why I'll NEVER buy a car without driving it and seeing it in person. What's next? Buying a house without stepping inside?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this is why I'll NEVER buy a car without driving it and seeing it in person. What's next? Buying a house without stepping inside?
They let you drive the car for 5 days before you decide to buy it

i took it to 2 different dealerships the 1st day and they both said car looks in good condition.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,490 Posts
They let you drive the car for 5 days before you decide to buy it

i took it to 2 different dealerships the 1st day and they both said car looks in good condition.
Please use the Edit feature (3 little dots at upper right corner of post) instead of quoting yourself. It makes following the thread much easier.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts