Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 malibu with the v6. for the past couple months it likes to throw p0401 codes if driven more than 15 min at a time. any recomendations are appreciated. (it has already been taken to a shop twice)

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,481 Posts
Was the EGR valve replaced with a factory spec (meaning non-aftermarket) part? What was done during the two shop visits?

Reactions: Darthz

·
Registered
935 Posts
Insufficient flow on egr. .... sounds clogged. Or some leak maybe?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hmmmm, what else is involved with the egr..... some sorta sensor.....wirwing..... i kay cast my gaze that wy then..... or the NEW EGR is faulty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 05 Malibu Maxx ls has had the p0401 n everytime this code pops ups I take it to the shop n they show me that my egr system needs to be cleaned it's completely clogged. My car only has 370,000 miles factory original engine and transmission. Trying cleaning the system mite help.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Only has 370'000 miles eh? Lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 malibu with the v6. for the past couple months it likes to throw p0401 codes if driven more than 15 min at a time. any recomendations are appreciated. (it has already been taken to a shop twice)
Get a tuneup. A poor spark plug will cause gas to burn inefficiently, and gum up the egr valve and other areas that need to be clean.

If that doesn’t help, you may need to clean carbon buildup from manifold area.

For me both of these things work for a while, but I think I may also have a small vacuum hose leak, so that’s my next adventure.

Mine is a 2004 Malibu Maxx 6 cylinder and literally have to clean the manifold every year.

However, new spark plugs and wires with a cleaning allowed it to last 6 months before the check engine egr light came on again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts