Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Chevy Malibu radio won’t shut off when drivers door is opened and interior lights don’t come on with drivers door and the drivers window is inop, all happened at once, any one else have this problem and what was the cause?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,682 Posts
Thread title modified from "Electrical".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took it to a dealer and the told me it needs a whole drivers door harness. Got my car back from them and now the radio shuts off when you hit the stop car button instantly, and now the interior lights won’t shut off unless you manually shut them off because it says the drivers door is open all the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this exact same issue has anyone figured out the problem? I have a 2018 chevy malibu, when i park and shut off the car the radio stays on (i jut manully turn it off) the driver side door window will not go down and the dome light will not turn off i believe. Could it be the window actuator? if that's what powers the sensor that tells the car the door is open?

·
Administrator
20,682 Posts
the door latch has the door ajar switch and the lock motor all in one assembly. If the dome won't turn off, then it's not being told that the door is closed, which also keeps the radio on.

·
Administrator
20,682 Posts
I can guess, but I don't know. It would take a little more testing, but it would probably end up being the door latch assembly.

As noted, it includes the lock motor (actuator) and the door ajar switch. It's all one unit and not serviceable separately.

If the latch goes bad, you replace the latch, switch, and actuator.

If the switch goes bad, you replace the latch, switch, and actuator.

If the actuator goes bad, you replace the latch, switch, and actuator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can guess, but I don't know. It would take a little more testing, but it would probably end up being the door latch assembly.

As noted, it includes the lock motor (actuator) and the door ajar switch. It's all one unit and not serviceable separately.

If the latch goes bad, you replace the latch, switch, and actuator.

If the switch goes bad, you replace the latch, switch, and actuator.

If the actuator goes bad, you replace the latch, switch, and actuator.
I see now, thank you. I will replace it and update here after.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts