Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 chevy malibu 2lt 2.5
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody I have 2014 2.5L malibooty so here's my story. I replaced the front side vvt solenoid in the car because mine went bad and ever sense I have replaced it I am getting 8 different engine codes there all retaining to the engine sensors getting low voltage im going to post all the codes at the bottom of here the car also did this to me when I replaced a mas sensor after a day of the codes I put the old mas sensor back into the car all the codes went away I've also recently took the car somewhere for it to be looked at and they told me its all because of the downstream o2 sensor is bad but I know thats a bunch of b.s my thought is maybe a bad ground or something if anyone has any idea on how to figure this out please let me know also car does run real weird and my cruise control doesn't work at all

P0037
P0097
P00f4
P0102
P0113
P0449
P2199
P2228

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
That sensor could be bad, why ? the computer's signal circuit power is shared among the other sensors and one bad/shorted sensor can affect many more sensors or components in the system.
Did you use a AC Delco VVT ? Other brands are not reliable.
Just unplug the O2 sensor and see if the other codes go away.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Did you buy this vehicle from “Underwater Motors”? I’ve only ever seen multiple (Unrelated) codes pop up like that once on me in 30+ years of maintaining my own cars, and it turned out I needed to replace the car’s computer. But that’s extremely rare! That’s why I’m asking if this might be a water-damaged vehicle?

·
Registered
15 Posts
That sensor could be bad, why ? the computer's signal circuit power is shared among the other sensors and one bad/shorted sensor can affect many more sensors or components in the system.
Did you use a AC Delco VVT ? Other brands are not reliable.
Just unplug the O2 sensor and see if the other codes go away.
Just bought a Dorman VVT. Have more history to back this up? Supposed to arrive on the doorstep tomorrow. Don't want to install a failure waiting to happen.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Dormans quality is well documented as being sub standard. AC Delco is the go to on electrical and critical parts.
Dozens of posts on here stating use the AC parts also.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I installed the m.a.s sensor it was an acdelco and it did the exact same thing it is doing now but the VVT solenoid is a Dorman brand I took the first one I bought back because ever sense I put it in it makes a grinding noise everytime I start it up and the Second one did the exact same

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you buy this vehicle from “Underwater Motors”? I’ve only ever seen multiple (Unrelated) codes pop up like that once on me in 30+ years of maintaining my own cars, and it turned out I needed to replace the car’s computer. But that’s extremely rare! That’s why I’m asking if this might be a water-damaged vehicle?
No it wasn't under-water vehicle it was a lease car when I bought it at 36,000

1 - 7 of 7 Posts