Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you that have employee discount were able to get the incentives and negotiate for a good price?

I'm looking at an LTZ now, and the best deal I've been offered is employee discount - $2750 incentive - $500 "bonus cash". I feel like I can do better than this.

Unfortunately I don't have a lease currently so I don't get the $2K for that (which is very frustrating in the fact that you can't get as good a deal when you pay CASH for your cars!)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thats the same price that I am getting as well....not including the 500 bonus. I dont think they can go much lower then that - as I dont think there is that much leway in a Malibu - its not a 45k Tahoe or Silverado.....but I could be wrong.

I plan on waiting a little longer to see what April brings......the way I look at it - if GM doesnt do Incentives + good financing (instead of either/or) - then I will heading over to look at the new Fusion as Ford seems to be holding steady and making a quality car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just checked out an LTZ and all I could get was the $2750, and he said maybe a $500 off discount if it's still around at the end of the month (because so many people are buying right now -- HA! Whatever).

It's frustrating that I can't get that $2K that they give to people who leased their cars instead of bought. Drives me nuts! If I could get GMS pricing plus around $5K off with the incentives, I'd buy right now. That is what people are getting with leases.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I agree - I know many people will say we are cheap...but I dont understand GM - ok give somebody and extra 2k because they have a leased car.....but not me when I dont ?? - I am right there will you - if they gave me the extra 2k - I would have bought an 2LT this weekend.

Thats 2 Malibu's that would add to thier bottom line.....and as I stated earlier - if the incentives get worse for April - I am headed over to test drive a Fusion.

·
Registered
112 Posts
you should take a look at a mazda also. there are more usa parts in a mazda than any other usa branded car and it is built by uaw workers in the mustang plant in michigan. just to give you another option.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand the concept of the $2K pull ahead for leases. "In theory" there are a ton of people who have leases, and not only is it difficult to continue leasing in this economy but also it's difficult to convert from lease to owner in this economy .... so they are trying to basically convert people into owners. Only problem with it is that it snubs people like us that see those who have leased get better deals than people who have had CASH to buy their cars ... which is completely backwards ... and turns us off to purchasing it all together!

BTW, my other car is a Mazda6. It is a good car... I've had 2 problems with it (1) the drivers seatback broke at around 30,000 miles, which they replaced under warranty after some haggling (2) the alternator and battery went at around 52,000 miles, which was just out of warranty and about $1000 bucks.

I'm looking to replace an aging Lexus RX300 SUV with the Malibu. I was going to buy a Saturn Vue but not now that Saturn is "going away". No matter what happens with bankruptcy, I'm confident that Chevrolet will be around forever.

·
Registered
178 Posts
you should take a look at a mazda also. there are more usa parts in a mazda than any other usa branded car and it is built by uaw workers in the mustang plant in michigan. just to give you another option.
We went and looked at the Mazda6 today - I liked the styling of the outside and so did my wife - but she hated the interior....it has a wierd design that makes it look cheap - her words.

Looks like it will be a Malibu....every car we go look at - we always come back to it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We went and looked at the Mazda6 today - I liked the styling of the outside and so did my wife - but she hated the interior....it has a wierd design that makes it look cheap - her words.

Looks like it will be a Malibu....every car we go look at - we always come back to it.
Resitance is futile:) (Sorry just had to get that in there)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did very well coming off of a gmac lease on a 2006 impala LTZ.

2009 malibu LT2 msrp $26350.00
employee discount pricing $23900.00
gm rebate $2750.00
loyalty cash $2000.00
dealer discount $1000.00
gmac paid my last 5 payments on the impala

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly, if you want to avoid the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord, there really isn't a car that can compete with the Malibu for around $20K.

·
Registered
178 Posts

gm rebate $2750.00
loyalty cash $2000.00
dealer discount $1000.00
Thats a smokin deal - if I could get that deal - I would be driving a new Malibu today. - But since I dont have a leased car - I am going to cross my fingers and see what April brings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
:D
Thats a smokin deal - if I could get that deal - I would be driving a new Malibu today. - But since I dont have a leased car - I am going to cross my fingers and see what April brings.
Yes we are very happy with the deal we got. This chevy dealer has treated us very well. We have been leasing and buying vehicles from them for 10 years. We also purchased a extended warranty for $970.00, covers anything and everything for 5 years or 75000 miles with no deductable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We haven't taken the plunge yet, but we are tracking down the LTZ, 6 cyl, white (sad that the white diamond tricoat will be coming in 2010, but now the prices are too good to pass up). I didn't see it mentioned, but if you're a credit union member, you can get a nice discount! Check out www.gm.com/creditunion and see for yourself. We can get another $1200 off the price, just like that.

·
Registered
193 Posts

gm rebate $2750.00
loyalty cash $2000.00
dealer discount $1000.00
What month did you buy your car? My understanding is the gm owner loyalty rebate ended at the end of January -- and it was only $1,000. Did you get an additional $2,000 for the lease return on top of the loyalty rebate?

·
Registered
10 Posts
What month did you buy your car? My understanding is the gm owner loyalty rebate ended at the end of January -- and it was only $1,000. Did you get an additional $2,000 for the lease return on top of the loyalty rebate?
I just got it this month, March 20, 2009. They just extened the rebate the same day we bought it.
They call it a pull ahead, and its for anybody who has a lease due back in October of 2009.
The loyalty was $2000.00 on a Impala lease return, they are different for other vehicles.
Then we got the GM rebate of $2750.00.
Then we got GM employee pricing by filling out a form online (I forget the address)
Then the dealer gave us an additional $1000.00 off and GMAC paid 5 of our last 6 payments on the lease.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I could get anywhere close to that I would buy too. I called GM's marketings support line and suggested they should offer the additional $2K to everyone right now and they'd get buyers.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If I could get anywhere close to that I would buy too. I called GM's marketings support line and suggested they should offer the additional $2K to everyone right now and they'd get buyers.
I dunno domino. Putting a rebate of $4,750 on a car is pretty desperate. GM would destroy the resale value of existing Malibus.

·
Registered
10 Posts

GM wants to keep its existing customers, thats why they offer the loyaltly cash. We have received them for ea. lease return we have had since 1999.
We went with a purchase this time on the malibu. I am on a lease with my Silverado LTZ, which is due back October of 2010. Dont know what I am going to do then, as Gmac is not leasing right now. I have my eyes on a restored 1958 Apache I would love to own.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I just spoke with Suzie at General Motors - 1-800-235-4646, the extension for GM tagged PEP cars - and she confirmed that all GM Employees have two authorization codes to hand out to non-family members and that these 'friends' are eligible for GM Employee Pricing on new and 'PEP' vehicles.

Ordinarily, this would only be available to immediate family members.

My wife is definitely buying a Saturn Vue and I am definitely buying a Chevy Malibu, both before the end of the month. We just had a baby, and my wife's lease on her VW is up at the end of this month and my RX-8 is too small for baby duty.

Any GM Salaried Employee who is unsure of this should call GM at 1-800-235-4646 and get the extension for 'Tagged' Vehicles to confirm if they have any concerns whatsoever, to ease their minds.

Here is the official scoop based on emails sent to GM Employees earlier this year:

Here’s an email making the rounds amongst GM’s remaining employees:

Just announced: Now through June 30, 2009, the GM Employee Discount for Friends program* lets you share employee pricing with anyone you know who owns a competitive vehicle. It’s the ideal way to get more friends into GM vehicles.

Here’s how it works:

Active salaried GM employees can request two GM Employee Discount for Friends authorization numbers now through June 30, 2009

For an even better deal, your friends can combine employee pricing with most current incentives.

Sharing your discount is easier than ever. It’s all online - to request your authorization number, just go to gmfamilyfirst.com.

Ready to do a friend a favor - and do your part for GM? Share your GM Employee Discount for Friends today.

* GM active salaried employees can request two (2) GM Employee Discount for Friends authorization numbers through June 30, 2009. Divestitures are not eligible for this program.

You received this email advertisement from GM because you are a registered user of gmfamilyfirst.com.

The marks of General Motors, its divisions, slogans, emblems, vehicle model names, vehicle body designs and other marks appearing in this email are the trademarks and/or service marks of General Motors Corporation, its subsidiaries, affiliates or licensors. ©2009 GM Corp. Buckle up, America!

General Motors Corporation
100 Renaissance Center
482.A00.MAR
Detroit, MI 48265

In our case, we are conquest sales, since we both own foreign cars. I considered the Mazda6 but like the Malibu better.

My wife loves the Saturn Vue.

If anyone wants to help us save some money, we'd be most grateful.

I can answer any questions or specifics by PM.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Ok, I am going to rant... Why is it that after each vehicle I have purchased this year, the additional appreciation incentive comes out the week after? I have bought two GM vehicles this year without a lick of appreciation back from GM. Ok, I am done now...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.