Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Malibu LT 2.4L I4
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if EPS, TC AND ESC are all run by the same 2 amp fuse?

I wonder this because recently I decided that I wanted to drive my Malibu without power steering.

And so far in the first week I've defineltey gotten stronger. I can parallel park with no power steering. But a side effect it seems is that TC and ESC are both off.

I only stopped using the power steering because I am trying to get some steering muscles going for a 1936 Maxim firetruck and a 1922 Model TT pumper. I also did it because my battery keeps dying within a month getting it. And ever since I turned off EPS it's been not killing it's battery and there is alot more power in the battery than there was prior with EPS working. In fact my battery with EPS on usually goes under 11 volts while I'm using the car and stays there. But without EPS it stays at 12.2 - 14.7

Don't get me wrong though, ESC and TC definetley don't help when I do burnouts and drift on my friend's road. So the fact they are off too is double the fun.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,228 Posts
If TC or ESC detect a critical system has failed, it is likely that it will be deactivated as a safety measure.

My Gen7 has hydraulic PS, and it has the steering sensor issue that causes it to pop the ESC messages, saying that it's not available.

Yours may be doing the same thing. To find out, pull the EPS fuse and then scan the DTCs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts