Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Premier 2.0T loaded

Thoughts on the following issue? Problem/extent of remedy? The car is still under warranty.

Transmission manual mode "L" ERS - Electronic Range Select

Sometimes manual mode works normally.

Sometimes the "+" and "-" buttons on the gear shift lever do nothing.

Sometimes the "-" button does not work, and pressing the "+" button LOWERS the top shift gear selection.

Sometimes BOTH the "+" and "-" buttons LOWER the top shift gear selection.

·
Administrator
16,840 Posts
Failed component. Have it repaired under warranty.

My 2011 has a button on the side of the shift stalk. It uses the cheap membrane-type switches that rely on the rubber to spring back. Most of the time the (-) doesn't, and sometimes it sticks in the pressed mode so that when I move from D to M (similar to your L) it will downshift 1 gear and not allow me to shift up or down after that. When it finally decides to spring back into place, it works, but not always.

Cheap parts meant to offer a lot of features but not a lot of longevity.

·
Super Moderator
4,550 Posts
Yet another reason the switch to a rocker button instead of paddle shifters was just terrible cost cutting. Even when I wasn't using manual mode in my 2009 Malibu, I used to click the paddle shifters back and forth all the time when I was bored for the 8 years I owned the car. They never missed a beat when in actual use and always had a quality click feel to them that never diminished.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2018 1.5L LS 20,Xxx

I had my Electric range selector replaced at around At 12,xxx miles in May of this year. I just thought the thing didn’t work. But it had saved a code but no CEL came on. Replaced under warranty.
E3BE9091-9A6F-43DB-8578-8C7252A0C970.png

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
@mikefree2008

Was your malfuction the same? The "+" and "-" buttons on top failing to select in "L" mode?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts