Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am driving my Tc light comes on and car starts stalling out and wont go over 20mph. But when I stay at steady speed it wont do it till I stop. Took it to auto zone and had them put yest on it and said it was 02 back sensor. But I read you could disable the esc completely by holding tc button in. Any suggestions

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,874 Posts
Trouble codes just mean that a system has an issue. They don't necessarily point to a part.

You can disable TC and ESC by pushing the TC button: TC = quick push, ESC = push and hold until you see message.

·
Registered
'17 Chevy Equinox Premier V6 AWD, '07 Chevy Uplander LS Extended, '01 Chevy Malibu, '00 Chevy Malibu
11 Posts
When I am driving my Tc light comes on and car starts stalling out and wont go over 20mph. But when I stay at steady speed it wont do it till I stop. Took it to auto zone and had them put yest on it and said it was 02 back sensor. But I read you could disable the esc completely by holding tc button in. Any suggestions
Is the warning light for ABS on also? ESC works by applying the brake on the wheel(s) that are moving faster than the others and by reducing engine power, if necessary. A bad wheel speed sensor will cause the ABS light to illuminate. Wheel speed sensors on these cars are part of hub and bearing assembly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts