Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, i was on my way to my cousins house, and i was in a little bit of a rush (i was running late). It had rained earlier in the day, but the road was still a little wet, (as i found out).
I rounded a corner (i didnt think i was going too fast) and i started to plow towards the guard rail. I turned the wheel more, the ESC message appeared, and it was like nothing i have ever experienced before!!!
The Malibu went right back to the direction i was heading.

I dont know if any of you have ever experienced this technology in action or not, but I firmly believe that if the car didnt have it, i would have ended up in a fender bender. Just thought i would let you all know.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I had the same issue earlier this winter.. it had snowed but the roads were just wet and like you, I didn't think I was going too fast.. but when I came to a bend, the car wouldn't turn and just as I was preparing for impact (down into a wooded ditch), the ESC message appeared and it jolted me back onto the roadway..

I had a freaking heart attack at the near-incident and had ESC not been on my vehicle I would've been in a severe crash.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was going around a dry corner and noticed the display said ESC. Well, being a computer geek, I couldn't figure out what it was "ESCaping" from.... :)

Seriously, I don't know why it came on. I've taken that corner faster under the same road conditions... maybe there was oil or something else I didn't see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.