Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2005 Malibu LT with 53k (tonight! I am in love with it!). The factory warranty is expired. I purchased the extended warranty via Master Tech. I found one complaint (Rip Off Report) online about it and that is it. I can get my money back (around $1500) within 60 days. I am just not sure if I should keep the warranty or get a refund. Does anyone have experience with this company or with using this warranty? I certainly hope I never need it. My car is a one owner - local trade in (clean carfax, etc.).
Help!:confused:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Well personally one is unacceptable and I would return and search another source.

·
Registered
749 Posts
And congratulations on your purchase BTW!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Other than Warranty Direct I wouldn't touch anything other than the GM Protection Plan. Since you are out of the original warranty you don't qualify for GMPP but you may be able to get WD. If you are worried about drive train problems I wouldn't bother. On modern cars the electronic subsystems such as ABS/TC, Ride Control, etc. are the big repair drivers.

Bill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I decided to drop the MasterTech extended warranty b/c in addition to the rip off report there were 4 BBB complaints in the last 12 months. I might investigate Warranty Direct or I may just roll the dice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.