Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 LT2 with no fog lights and the dealer told me you cannot put factory fog light lights on this car, I somehow do not believe this. Anyone know?:confused:

·
Registered
493 Posts
The dealer is right you cannot install factory fog light cause there is no factory wiring on a car that didn't come equipped with them. The only way to have fog lights on your Malibu would be to go with aftermarket ones and then fabricate brackets to mount them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
OR buying a NEW bumper ( LTZ model ) 600 $ bucks

with parts :
25905343 $62.58 $38.40
25905344 $62.58 $38.40
25829654 $112.76 $70.37

Then you got a malibu LT2 with original factory fog light ....

For wiring ... juste hook foglight and put a SPDT relay with a another founction ( DRL ) ....

·
Registered
4 Posts
You don't need to buy an LTZ bumper, just the two black and chome pc where the factory fog lights go. I know cause I did this with the trim pc and a factory fog light housing. I'm still working on the bulbs, pigtails and the plug connector for the factory dash switch. I'll end up running my own wiring once I get the connectors for both lights and the stock switch.

Regards,
~chilly

·
Registered
246 Posts
You don't need to buy an LTZ bumper, just the two black and chome pc where the factory fog lights go. I know cause I did this with the trim pc and a factory fog light housing. I'm still working on the bulbs, pigtails and the plug connector for the factory dash switch. I'll end up running my own wiring once I get the connectors for both lights and the stock switch.

Regards,
~chilly
Please keep us posted on how it turns out. I want to put fog lights on my LS.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Please keep us posted on how it turns out. I want to put fog lights on my LS.
x2

Keep us updated w/ pics if able!

·
Registered
4 Posts
this is interesting, I thought fog lights were part of the LTZ package, guess it was an option. I have been looking to buy an 08 malibu . I think I am going to buy this silver one and it does have fog lights, but they do not look like the ones I've seen, they are sort of a bullet shape or cone with no chrome trim, most of the ones I've seen have a chrome trim around it. It is an LTZ, I am getting a great deal I believe $16K with only 12k mi., but doesn't have a sun roof, but I would rather have the low miles, the others had like 30-50K. will pick it up next week. Maybe I will switch them out for some LED ones any way. Any thoughts about the chrome trim

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,147 Posts
Old thread but still valid.

LTZ comes stock with fog lights. The OP said he had an "LT2" but should have correctly identified it as a "2LT". They don't come stock with fogs.

Easy to retrofit Z fogs to an LS, 1LT, or 2LT. Buy factory fog lights and the trim piece to replace the filler panel. Some cars (if not all) have the wiring standard as part of the loom but the pigtail is tucked up out of the way. Problem with installing the lights is that now you also need the factory switch. Once you get that installed you have to reprogram the BCM to "see" the switch and lights before you can use them.

If you need more info, use Search. It has been discussed many times and even has other options you might find interesting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Old thread but still valid.

LTZ comes stock with fog lights. The OP said he had an "LT2" but should have correctly identified it as a "2LT". They don't come stock with fogs.

Easy to retrofit Z fogs to an LS, 1LT, or 2LT. Buy factory fog lights and the trim piece to replace the filler panel. Some cars (if not all) have the wiring standard as part of the loom but the pigtail is tucked up out of the way. Problem with installing the lights is that now you also need the factory switch. Once you get that installed you have to reprogram the BCM to "see" the switch and lights before you can use them.

If you need more info, use Search. It has been discussed many times and even has other options you might find interesting.
OMG, this is how bad my eyes are, I thought the LT2 was LTZ, thanks for clearing that up, so I'm guessing I'm missing the plastic chrome circles around the fogs

·
Registered
41 Posts
Installing the factory fogs can be done, as I have a 2Lt with factory fogs done. I ran my own wiring and had my bcm flashed to incorporate the use of the factory switch. All is oem and cost me around 250 bucks ( Dealer cost on parts) and a few hours of labor. Removing the bumper cover, replacing the lower trims with the fogs and running the wiring. I could not have done this without the help of DrivenDaily.. Do a search the original thread is still here with all the information.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.