Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I drive a 2009 Chevy Malibu it did sit last winter ugh..Well about 2 weeks ago my cars check engine light turned off as we put the new thermometer in. Now he told us there needs to be more miles on it, just drive don't let it idle and take right off for about 15 miles and back 15 miles so I did that 4x already. He told me to do this Wednesday and to come back in Friday. This is what it failed for last time cold start..then the check engine popped on it was a part we fixed then came on again as we were putting the 2nd part in came on shut off twice this is the longest its been off by itself. I'm going today but I have a feeling its going to be that cold start again..I've been driving it everywhere. I'd get a new car but I spent allot of money on this one with PARTS please help.

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
Todays cars are computers on tires, not simple machines anymore but very complex ones.
Your mechanic has to go by what his scan tool, that plugs into the cars computer, is telling him.
When he told you to drive the car is correct as the car needs miles put on it so the cars systems self check themselves and log any other issues in it's memory.
Sometimes multiple issues have to be sorted out this way.
If the check engine light has been off for a few days I think your problems may be over.

Reactions: grafton
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.