Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Shnawaz, can you tell me more about replacing the panel. Did it work after you replaced it or is it necessary to program it with the TECH2? You say that you replaced it and everything was normal but it needed to be programmed with the VIN??? Thanks for the help.
The only solution worked for me is replacing the panel and the program it with the TECH2. If you dont program the car VIN it will not read your current ODO reading only everything else will work fine in the panel just the ODO reading will not change. My advice is to buy a cheap used panel from ebay i think i got mine in 15 USD and its working fine. Changing the panel is very easy just pop the plastic around the panel you will see 3 bolts opening them will release the panel behind the panel you will see a pin connector cable just unplug it and plug the new panel in reattach everything. The panel will start working everything will work except the ODO reading. Just reprogram the panel and ODO will also start working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shnawaz, can you tell me more about replacing the panel. Did it work after you replaced it or is it necessary to program it with the TECH2? You say that you replaced it and everything was normal but it needed to be programmed with the VIN??? Thanks for the help.
I've had the same issue on my 2010 Malibu...IPC looks dead except the security and check engine lights. I've tried the same restore techniques as everyone else is doing, and I've had the same results....a temporary fix, for hours or days but not a week yet! Isn't there an answer or a recall? This appears to be widespread thought gen 7 years??

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem with 2010 malibu with the instrument panel gauges not working. I took out fuse in trunk for IPC and re-inserted and it work for about 2 weeks. Know not working and tried removing fuse again but it didn't work this time. Has anyone come to a solution and does chevy know what the problem is?
Thanks much for any help

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,039 Posts
I have the same problem with 2010 malibu with the instrument panel gauges not working. I took out fuse in trunk for IPC and re-inserted and it work for about 2 weeks. Know not working and tried removing fuse again but it didn't work this time. Has anyone come to a solution and does chevy know what the problem is?
Thanks much for any help
You may want to read this thread about fretting corrosion to see if it helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replacing the panel makes everything work , but the milage will be what's on the replacement ipc..unless you have a tech flash it's Vin..mine was close enough I didn't bother....its working good since last summer..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have same problem 2011 malibu v6, checked fuses they where fine disconnected battery and left it for 10 min. hooked it back up everyting worked fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
had anyone been working under the dash just prior to the initial onset of this? any recent modding done to that car?
basically, a problem like this requires a tech2 to diagnose.
Good afternoon. I che the same problem on my 2010 chevy Malibu. The cluster came back on after a jump and when I tried the fuze. After a few days of turning it on, they went off again. The left headlamp has also gone out. I replaced it and it went out again when the cluster went out again. Any suggestions?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts