Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on the internet today to check the price of my 2011 Malibu 2LT, and I was surprised that all the cars I looked at had the woodgrain trim. My car was built in July of 2010 as a 2011. I have two brochures for my car one I purchased and the other I got at the dealership. The pictures in the brochure show the woodgrain. I suppose that car is a LTZ, but all the 2LT's I looked at were woodgrain. I have the brushed aluminum trim. I guess that makes my BU a special one??
2011Malibu1.jpg 2011malibu2.jpg 2011Malibu1.jpg 2011malibu2.jpg

·
Registered
210 Posts
Different trims with the various interior color combinations. My '10 is an LTZ with an Ebony and Brick(black and orange) interior with the brushed trim accents in it.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,711 Posts
The aluminum looking piece was rare in upper trim level cars. It was more common in the LS.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well then I do have a special Malibu. :DI also noticed, I don't have the leather wrapped shift knob. My interior looks just like the above, only I have those faux suede seats.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,474 Posts
My 2009 had UltraLux faux suede in the center with vinyl along the sides and edges. It was a 2LT.

When I traded it for a 2011 LTZ, it came with leather seats and leather shifter.

When I bought a used 2011 3 years later (flood took my first 2011 :(), it had been raped by the dealership since it has a vinyl shifter with a bum shifter button.

Yours may have been modified at the dealership as well...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, it was an early 2011 built in July of 2010. It was sold as a rental/lease in Orlando, Florida, and the dealer I bought it from purchased it in Michigan. I don't know what the 2010 2LT's looked like on the inside, but this early 2011 might have the 2010 interior? On closer examination I see the LS in the picture above doesn't have the radio etc. on the right side of the steering wheel, also the mirror controls are on the driver's door, not up by the mirror. Strange, how they change things around. It would seem more economical to do everything the same??

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 09 dash looks like the car all the way at the top. I think the Malibu design changed in 11. Someone may want to help me out on that. My generation did not have an available navigation system but the next one did.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It sounds like you are a "Silver" person also. I traded a silver 97 Accord in on this Switchblade Silver Malibu. Yes, you could say I like silver. My favorite cowboy was The Lone Ranger, and of course his white horse was Silver, and he had Silver Bullets.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,474 Posts
that's a lot of silver
It sounds like you are a "Silver" person also. I traded a silver 97 Accord in on this Switchblade Silver Malibu. Yes, you could say I like silver. My favorite cowboy was The Lone Ranger, and of course his white horse was Silver, and he had Silver Bullets.
Wait until you guys get Silver Hair! LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a 08 2 LT and it did not have the wood grain. I checked a number of 08 Malibu's at various dealers lots and very few had the wood grain trim and I could not determine from the window sticker what package included it. But as with all LT's I've owned since my 05 Equinox, they have had leather wrapped steering wheels and shift Knobs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got the short end on that one. I've got the leather wrapped steering wheel like the LT's and a plain shift knob like the LS's. They owe me. Not that I'll ever see one. I like the leather wrapped shift knob though. :cautious:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts