Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the new Malibu has had it's first casualty and not even 3000 miles :( Found out that I cracked the rear tail lamp. The bike fell over and hit it just perfect, cracked it right through the clear lens. Even have water in it already :eek: Now to replace it is supposed to be 230 for the lamp, thank god I have a friend who work for dealer support for GM and can get it for me for $170. Anyone else been unfortunate enough to sustain damage?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Ah no!!! You have NO idea how pissed I would be if that happened to me! Glad you're able to save that $60USD! Today I almost got into a major highway accident.. some old pick-up truck's bumper fell off.. thank god for stabilitrak!

Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I know how you feel too- I had under 6000 miles on the 07 Avalanche when a deer ran out in the road just around a turn, I nearly got stopped, but not quite (Stabilitrak & ABS work well, btw). I attempted to turn toward the shoulder he was coming from, but he decided to reverse course and just got the driver's side of the front bumper. Knocked the mounts for the bumper cover where it met the fender loose, and left a slight, almost unnoticable indentation in the cover above the foglight opening. Talk about frustrated and disgusted..

Anyway, glad to hear that you're getting a break on the replacement part. I paid a $250 deductible against the Av's repairs. And so far, no accidents with my 08 'bu LTZ at almost 10,000mi. (will pass 10 next Monday). Only some irritating bird spatters, thanks to a power line crossing my parking space at work.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Ohh no!! At least its just a replaceable part and not part of the car wheere you would have to deal with paint

·
Registered
31 Posts
About a month ago, my wife took a hit. She was behind a pickup truck that was not in very good shape. A piece of rusty metal flew off the body and chipped the windshield in 2 places. There's still rust in the chips.

·
Registered
749 Posts
About a month ago, my wife took a hit. She was behind a pickup truck that was not in very good shape. A piece of rusty metal flew off the body and chipped the windshield in 2 places. There's still rust in the chips.
shfishinsticks, I had the exact same problem yesterday on the highway an old run-down pickup truck's bumper fell off right in front of me! Luckily I had JUST enough room to perform an emergency maneuver successfully. Those things should be outlawed :p

·
Registered
293 Posts
In a few states, there are actually laws to protect from this, Virginia being the most strict (in my opinion, since I know little of California's which is considered the most strict). Some requirements are emissions tests yearly, safety feature performance checked (depending on vehicle type and year the regularity changes), and that all parts of the exterior are in "Good and safe" condition; that is not strapped on by a few bungee cords like most bumpers and parts are here in Tennessee.

Sometimes I think Virginia and states like it have it right...then again they require license plates on the front of the vehicle, yearly inspection of the engine to ensure all the performance regulators max out at 89mph, and so forth. That and I would be pulled over a million times on my way to the tint shop to get my 20% tint taken off :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.