Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Malibu 2012 LT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have already gotten advice to change the trans fluid. Given the mileage (97k) what are other items I should look to address or should be considered?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,658 Posts
Engine air filter, spark plugs. I like to clean the throttle body at 100k. How's the tire tread depth? How old is the battery?

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
your owners manual (if you don't have one, available online) will have a schedule for what things should be serviced and when...if you are unsure of the previous service intervals I'd follow the severe schedule (I follow that one anyway)...

like above, filters, fluids, throttle body, battery...

Good luck with your ride

Bill

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,147 Posts
Oh, and don't forget blinker fluid and muffler bearings.

·
Registered
Malibu 2012 LT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I finally got around to the Chevy dealer to do a used car checkup before my one monthly warranty ran out. Stuff was found. Needed all new brakes (calipers, rotors and pads) all around, serpentine belt and had a leak on the trans seal. To my surprise they are fixing all. I can’t image what that would of cost me at the dealer. I should get back early next week. Can’t wait to try it out with new brakes.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,005 Posts
So I finally got around to the Chevy dealer to do a used car checkup before my one monthly warranty ran out. Stuff was found. Needed all new brakes (calipers, rotors and pads) all around, serpentine belt and had a leak on the trans seal. To my surprise they are fixing all. I can’t image what that would of cost me at the dealer. I should get back early next week. Can’t wait to try it out with new brakes.
WOW! They're really treating you right at that dealership. I am shocked they're footing the bill for all that after a simple inspection when they sold it to you like that in the first place.

Should be a pretty nice, reliable ride for you.

·
Registered
Malibu 2012 LT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I didn’t buy it from Chevy. I took it to Chevy to check the car out. I bought it from a used car dealer. The used car dealer
are ones who are making the repairs based on Chevys evaluation.

·
Registered
Malibu 2012 LT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also the struts are making noise but are not leaking. Will have to get to them in the near future. Also need the 100k spark plug change.

·
Registered
Malibu 2012 LT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correction

Well I finally got my car back after 2 1/2 weeks. While they were fixing the transmission seal they broke some sort of housing that went over the seal. It seems that no one had this part in stock so I had to wait. But at least I now have four new brakes so I can’t really complain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts