Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current car an 06 malibu 2LT is my first Chevy and first Malibu. I have to say its a decent car, better improvements over my Grand Am I had, but I have to say I'm a little dissapointed in the cost of ownership. At about 52,000miles it needed new struts. They made clunking noises and I guess you could say the steering wasn't accurate. I was shocked how much the struts were. I guess my LT has an active handling system and each strut came to $185. If it were just my Grand Am it would only be maybe $90. But wow. Recently I'm due for a tranny fluid exchange. I know the Dexron VI is new and semi synthetic but $9 a quart? It would cost me $230 for a fluid exhange and thats not a flush either which would require a couple more quarts. I hope The cost of these items slightly improve in the future and the malibu will more budget friendly. Other than that I have been pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My first Malibu was a 2003 Malibu. I got was when I was 16, and it was an awesome car. It never had any problems...well...except one and actually it was pretty funny. The horn would randomly go off. But other than that, it was a great car and I miss it. I was really rough on it though but that shows how well put together it was because I sure did put it through a lot. Haha. I actually cried leaving it in the car lot, but now I have a 2008and it's the best car around (and the coolest I must say).

·
Registered
422 Posts
Do the fluid yourself. Its easy. Jack it up a bit, drain out the fluid, close it back up and put fluid back in. ATF is expensive, but not that bad. It'll cost you $200 less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.