Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
81 malibu sedan 78 coupe 79 sedan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is my first post here, I figured I would take the time to tell about my 81 malibu sedan. I have had the car for a few years, but has been in the family since 96. About 2 years ago I got it to start for the first time since 03 it was parked when it blew out the freeze plugs. When I got the car running it sounded terrible there was no knocking, but a lifter tick,and the motor mounts, fuel pump, exhaust manifold gaskets, and freeze plugs still needed to be replaced.
2 years later (now) I have not done much to the car I have rebuilt the carb, done body work, and replaced the freeze plugs, but the car has come a long way believe it or not here are some pictures of it last time I worked on it. 229v6 engine
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive exterior

Brown Font Gas Vehicle Electronic device

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, that takes me back! I recall seeing that body style as a station wagon in my neighbor's driveway and thought how it was just the right size: not too big, not too small.

Welcome to CMF and thanks for the stroll down memory lane.
We’ll you problaby saw a 78,79,80 model because mine has a 78 front end as the original one is on my 78

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you don't mind me asking, why the interest in the rough-looking 4-door when you have that nice looking coupe version begging to be restomodded? A cammed 327 with 4 on the floor would be completely awesome.
Ahh, I get This question all the time.The 2 door has been in the family longer but I don’t have the same sentimental attachment to the 2 door as I do the 4 door, about 10 years ago when I was 12 me and my grandpa dug it out of a cluster of trees, there was surprisingly not much damage, after that we noticed the rust holes and we patched all of them, and then had this car running and we actually drove it to where it sits right now about 5 years ago, he passed away back in 2020. I feel the need to get this car running and would like to drive it one day, I have a 4 bolt main 350 I plan on boring out and sticking that with a turbo 400 tranny in the 2 door, but also it has gone through 3 wrecks and has almost no metal on the rear drivers side of the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts