Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and I just bought a 2010 Malibu 1LT to use as a work/extra vehicle. I appreciate a community of helpful repairs and ideas so I thought I would share a couple of recent fixes.

1. I had flickering dash lights that blinked when there was a current draw (moving power seat, moving power windows, etc.) My first thought was the alternator, but I wanted to start with the cheapest fix first. After further inspection I noticed that the instrument panel dimmer switch wasn't working when I turned it. I ordered a switch from AutoZone and installed the new switch (10 minutes). Hallelujah! No more blinking dash lights. I hope this helps someone.

2. My key FOB was not working when I bought the car. I pulled the key FOB apart and replaced the battery to no avail. I then tried the pencil eraser trick to the contacts of the circuit board (didn't help). I then used a fingertip sized piece of aluminum foil to activate each function on the board (lock, unlock, auto start, and trunk). All of the functions worked (So the board was still good). I decided to buy just the outer case from Napa ($13). All functions are now working on my FOB!
I hope this helps someone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts