Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all from Massachusetts! Just got the new company car, I think you can guess what I picked. ;)

Given a choice between the Malibu LS, Ford Fusion SE, Chrysler Sebring, Toyota Camry LE or Toyota Prius, this was not a tough decision. The Fusion came closest, but in the end the Malibu won by looks, ride quality, and some features.

I'd gotten a good taste of the Malibu last year when I had an '08 for about 8,000 miles. I then inherited a Ford Escrap Hybrid that I had to keep until it hit 100K miles. While I think the '08 was a little nicer, that's because it was an LT rental model. My '09 is an LS. I would be happier with the 6-spd transmission, but I'm stuck with what I have for about 3 years now.

One thing I like is the XM, though I doubt very much I'll be paying for it once the free trial is done. I refuse to even access the OnStar. Big Brother I don't need, and I don't like "turn-by-turn" directions. I've got a higher-end Garmin with Bluetooth, it gets me where I need to go (I'm in a sales position.)

Anyhoo, nice to see a good forum for the car. I have an agenda, and that's to find a way to make the OnStar phone thing work with my BT phone without paying them or Verizon! (Probably can't happen, but it's a dream.)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.